Home

Tiger Needs Wins for EA Deal to Make Sense

This is a discussion on Tiger Needs Wins for EA Deal to Make Sense within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2010, 07:48 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Tiger Needs Wins for EA Deal to Make Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelwig14
You didnt understand what my point. Have the entire Tour...but allow the user to pick among 20 pros or so to start a season. Give the user an option to not have to create a dumb create a golfer. No other EA game forces you to play with a fake player.
And no other EA Sports game represents and "individual" sport. The rest of their game are TEAM sports. Big difference. A great many users enjoy creating their own golfer and building that Golfer up. However, I do not disagree with you that it would be good to be able to play in a season with the Pros if you so desired.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:02 AM   #18
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
And no other EA Sports game represents and "individual" sport. The rest of their game are TEAM sports. Big difference. A great many users enjoy creating their own golfer and building that Golfer up. However, I do not disagree with you that it would be good to be able to play in a season with the Pros if you so desired.
Not true...Fight Night allows you to start a career with Lennox or Tyson or whatnot.

It is absolutely unacceptable that I can't start a Tour with Tiger or Phil or Sergio or whoever is available...even if it is just 5 golfers.

I don't want to quarterback the Cowboys and I don't want to play a Tour as myself either.

Until they fix this, I will never buy another Tiger game.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:54 PM   #19
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Not true...Fight Night allows you to start a career with Lennox or Tyson or whatnot.

It is absolutely unacceptable that I can't start a Tour with Tiger or Phil or Sergio or whoever is available...even if it is just 5 golfers.

I don't want to quarterback the Cowboys and I don't want to play a Tour as myself either.

The more options the better. I don't understand why the option isn't at least there for those who want to play a tour season with a pro and don't want to start a career w/ a created player.

Career mode obviously needs to be deeper. Adding the Nationwide Tour and Q School would be great. I just seems like EA never wants to go the extra mile on certain things. They added Ryder Cup this year, which was a great step, but then there aren't even enough pros to make a legitimate realistic Ryder Cup competition.

I have the same gripe w/ tennis games, not enough real pros and not deep enough career modes.

On Topic: Tiger is and will always be the most recognizable face on the PGA Tour by a sizable margin. If EA was smart they would lock him up for life so that even after he retires his name is on the game ala Madden, even if there's another player on the cover.

PSN: dsavbeast
Old 12-05-2010, 08:33 AM   #20
MVP

Quote:

"Fight Night"...okay, I missed one. And lets not kid ourselves here....."Fight Night" is NOT a major EA Sports game with licenses like the team sports and Golf.

Again, not disagreeing with you in case you hadn't noticed, except for never playing another TW game because of it....you are missing out on some really good videogame Golf, but whatever.

Last edited by DivotMaker; 12-05-2010 at 08:36 AM.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:39 PM   #21
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
"Fight Night"...okay, I missed one. And lets not kid ourselves here....."Fight Night" is NOT a major EA Sports game with licenses like the team sports and Golf.

Again, not disagreeing with you in case you hadn't noticed, except for never playing another TW game because of it....you are missing out on some really good videogame Golf, but whatever.
Fight Night is a huge seller for EA even with the button debacle that cost EA quite a few sales.

It is all about principle...I can't support a game that doesn't allow such a simple, obvious option. It is braindead on EA's part. And considering Tiger was a massive sales disappointment this year, hopefully they will stop being comfortable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2010, 11:02 PM   #22
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Fight Night is a huge seller for EA even with the button debacle that cost EA quite a few sales.

It is all about principle...I can't support a game that doesn't allow such a simple, obvious option. It is braindead on EA's part. And considering Tiger was a massive sales disappointment this year, hopefully they will stop being comfortable.
The problem with that is that EA may (mistakenly IMO) interpret the lower sales as having everything to do w/ Tiger's on and off course woes, and nothing to do w/ the perceived quality of the product. While Tiger's woes may have something to do w/ lower sales, I do think the perceived quality of the game has something to do with it as well. Tiger needs a real 'career' mode. That much is obvious.

PSN: dsavbeast
Old 12-06-2010, 06:40 AM   #23
MVP

Quote:
The sales numbers do not seem to support this from what I have seen....irregardless, the Tiger series has not had the option to use a Pro in Career mode for a number of years and there is little to no outcry for this other than this thread and isolated comments from you and a handful of other users. If there is little feedback from the community or focus groups to include such functionality, EA is not going to spend much time worrying about it.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:26 AM   #24
Rookie

stcloudgopher's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatRadioGuy

So, until then, it's all Tiger all the time. And for EA, they'll ride that pony in to the sunset.

"From my vantage point, that looks safely in the fairway."

"Looks like he hit the tree, Jim," is still my favorite -- maybe my favorite line from any game. Sorry kids, sometimes it's fun to be "old" and remember the "day." Oh, and youngsters, that's from World Class Leader Boards. There was no "name" involved, I don't think. But, man, was it fun!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »