Home

MLB 2K11 Release Date Set For March 8th, 2011

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Release Date Set For March 8th, 2011 within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2010, 02:04 PM   #17
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 2K11 Release Date Set For March 8th, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB01
I hate the batting camera angles too. You would think with all those options, one could find one that suits them.. I didn't.

The check swing system is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. I use classic controls and honestly, I never could check my swing unless it was by accident. I did it a couple times and I was like.. I don't understand why they made it like that cause in real life, it isn't hard to check your swing. It's difficult to check your swing and not break the front of the plate, but still, the way they implemented it is very unnatural.
That was the side effect for the poor decision to remove it entirely, only to add it back in a patch from the community backlash. So since it was not tied into the hitting system from the get go, it felt as you said, "unnatural".
Old 12-03-2010, 03:00 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB01
I hate the batting camera angles too. You would think with all those options, one could find one that suits them.. I didn't.

The check swing system is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. I use classic controls and honestly, I never could check my swing unless it was by accident. I did it a couple times and I was like.. I don't understand why they made it like that cause in real life, it isn't hard to check your swing. It's difficult to check your swing and not break the front of the plate, but still, the way they implemented it is very unnatural.
I see you play MLB The Show and I must say, I hate The Show's batting camera. I like MLB 2Ks because its centered perfectly and I always swing at lower thrown pitches in The Show cause the camera is dreadful and you can't even adjust the height of it. In 2K, the pitcher is inside the batter box, and you can judge whether the trajectory of a pitch and really put your discipline to the test. In The Show, I feel like I am taking a guess of swinging and I always swing at those low curveballs that are in the dirt.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:21 PM   #19
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo1986
I see you play MLB The Show and I must say, I hate The Show's batting camera. I like MLB 2Ks because its centered perfectly and I always swing at lower thrown pitches in The Show cause the camera is dreadful and you can't even adjust the height of it. In 2K, the pitcher is inside the batter box, and you can judge whether the trajectory of a pitch and really put your discipline to the test. In The Show, I feel like I am taking a guess of swinging and I always swing at those low curveballs that are in the dirt.
I don't have that problem in The Show, but I do agree they could stand to open up the camera options.

I think 2K has the right idea with the adjustable camera options...the options need to be expanded a bit. I would love to see one of these games attempt a completely free-ranging adjustable camera.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:53 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I don't have that problem in The Show, but I do agree they could stand to open up the camera options.

I think 2K has the right idea with the adjustable camera options...the options need to be expanded a bit. I would love to see one of these games attempt a completely free-ranging adjustable camera.
Yea, I can agree with that too. The Show would benefit from having some more camera angles by now for everything - fielding, pitching, and hitting.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:37 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 0

this game is a joke, always was & always will be
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2010, 07:44 AM   #22
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
That's the bigger issue: the CPU scores their runs on home runs but they don't hit home runs.

It was definitely too easy to dominate from the mound. That's where I gave up on this game. It wasn't a glaring glitch or broken code. It was just that I was tired of winning games 5-1 or something like that.
Totally agree. It was too easy to pitch once you got used to it. 2K10 was fun but would have been so much better if you had a pitch accuracy slider.

Furthermore the cpu used the contact swing too often resulting in too few HRs, even with cpu power at 100. A big part of this problem is that there is way too much of a difference between the contact and power swing. The Show probably doesn't have enough of a gap but 2K10's gap is way too large.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:48 AM   #23
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605

2K did a fantastic job in the pitching camera options. The Show really needs to add a similar system so you can recreate virtually any camera angle.

I personally loved 2K's batting angle. It really helped my eye. Combined that and a more responsive pitch speed slider I would actually get walks. One game I had 7! It's something I've never been able to do in the Show due to a combination of the hitting camera angle, fast pitch speeds (even 0 on the slider is a little too fast for me in the Show while 55 was perfect for me in 2K10) and my slower reflexes.

2K does need to add a much better fielding camera. It was garbage - too close up. The Show does a much better job in this department. Of course 2K also needs to totally overhaul fielding so we actually see errors this year. I will be extremely pissed if I don't see injuries and errors this year.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:34 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 0

Personally, I found batting to be near perfect in 2K10. I use the stick, and pulling back when I want to hold up resulted in several check swings a game. I drew lots of walks. And I came up with a set of sliders and hitting strategy to produced fantastic realism as far as hits vs. home runs.

Pitching got closer to what they had in 2K8, but it still wasn't where it needed to be. they really just need to create more variability in the same way EA accomplished this in Tiger Woods 11's landing spots.the better the pitcher, the smaller the zone where the pitch might end up if thrown perfectly. It doesn't have to be visable, but just enough to force me to throw many, many more balls. Honestly, 2K8 had this the closest.

I'm not holding my breath on the pitching, as VC seems to have purposely made pitching easy because of the insane whining about how hard it was in 2K8. But I sure would love the third step being brought back.

Fielding has some issues to be resolved, but I don't think it is as serious as some make it out to be. Yes, they have to have errors, and throwing needs to be less automatic. Functionally, I am happy with how it works.

One legitimate complaint is the feeling that fielding is automatic. But the give and take is whether users will want the speed of the play slowed down so that we can make the play. I thin the speed was just about right, and I can live with the additional CPU control, since once the ball is in my fielder's hand, the interface to trow from base to base is one of the best I've ever experienced in a game. I do not want to push a button for a particular base ever again.

Likewise, I think baserunning was near perfect. Once you got he hand of it, it was the best interface for controlling multiple baserunners ever. I'd like to see stealing worked on, but even that was well implemented. But once you found a pitcher with a weakness, you could steal on him all day long. That was a bit of a gamekiller.

My biggest hope for the game, after errors beng implemented, is for MLB Today to be expanded so that I can play past games with accurate line-ups. Even better would be the ability to have the stats I put up in games replace the stats that were put up in real life, as a separate league mode. I still want to have all accurate stats in the traditional MLB today mode.

But if I could play through a season, but have my stats work in conjunction with the stats that were put up in real life for all the "simmed" games, that would be the dream.

And they need to get back to whatever the did in 2K9 for online play. 2K10 reverted back to laggy online play, which was a serious bummer. I had a ton of fun with 2K9 online, as it was lag free enough to take balls and swing at strikes. you weren't just guessing. Well, there were plenty of guys doing just that, but you could play realistic, if you tried. In random games, guys would still get mad when you through balls. And then get more mad when you wouldn't swing at their pitches out of the zone.

There was enough positive in 2K10 for me to be hopeful that 2K11 will be a fun, if not still flawed, game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »