Home

Fight Night Champion Video Preview (The OXM Report)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Video Preview (The OXM Report) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2010, 11:28 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Fight Night Champion Video Preview (The OXM Report)

The game looks to have an improved realistic lighting system and the ref in the ring looks like a nice addition.

My only concern was the the punches looked VERY slow, to the point where it looks distractingly bad. Can anyone confirm that the punch speed is going to be as slow as what is seen in this video?
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2010, 01:06 PM   #2

OVR: 34
Re: New Video on Xbox Live

I saw it last night and will catch it again. The first thing that sort of bothered me was the audio in the intro sounded exactly like FN4's. The stats overlays looked better, but it bugged me that the audio was the same.

I noticed too that the punches looked slow and that the stun state looks to be the same. I don't mind that but the one who is doing the stunning needs to be able to take advantage of the moment. I liked how some of the knockdowns looked and how they talked about the one punch KOs.

I'm excited to see how things shape up.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

I didn't think the punches looked that slow.

There is only analog punching in FNC. The producer said that it is easier to throw punches with the stick. Are the curved inputs gone for hooks and uppercuts?
Old 12-06-2010, 01:46 PM   #4
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

OVR: 16

Seeing Butterbean has tempered any expectations I have for the game. I swear the FN crew just doesn't get it.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:48 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

It definitely sounds like they simplified the punch controls, so I'm curious what that means.

The hooks in particular looked strangely slow to me, but I'll have to watch it again to see.

I did like the way the game looked overall, was disappointed to hear the same exact commentary, too, and am also excited about the 1-punch KO he talked about and how it could be the 1st punch of the match.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2010, 02:28 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelwig14
Seeing Butterbean has tempered any expectations I have for the game. I swear the FN crew just doesn't get it.
butterbeans really in it . . .. .thats a shame
Old 12-06-2010, 02:49 PM   #7
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrm187
butterbeans really in it . . .. .thats a shame
Yes. And considering he takes a spot from Ward or Martinez or Froch or whomever that isn't a freaking sideshow joke....makes me want to vomit.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:50 PM   #8
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelwig14
Yes. And considering he takes a spot from Ward or Martinez or Froch or whomever that isn't a freaking sideshow joke....makes me want to vomit.
Mind-blowing really. I guess its equivalent to me being CEO of the Barbie dolls corporation. I'd probably make decisions that little girls would hate because i could care less about the product.

The people at EA just don't know what we want, and they don't really care. They've improved the game? yes. But we made lists of things that would improve the game exponentially, most if not all no brainers. Even still some glaring omissions.

Having a man who's never fought more than 4 rounds of boxing and really was just a sideshow freak, the face of the Toughman game back on Genesis, in the game is flabbergasting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »