Home

Fight Night Champion Video Preview (The OXM Report)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Video Preview (The OXM Report) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2010, 08:53 PM   #17
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: New Video on Xbox Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
See I don't understand this thought process. First of all they do know boxing pretty well. Second, just because they put in some extra fighters that YOU might not have wanted. What does it harm??

It is no different if I gave you 10 bucks but decided I was going to give you a extra dollar bill. Do you turn down the dollar bill because it is not significant enough for you??? In reality all it does is add to your amount.

The reason this bothers me is you act as if they did not go out and sign other fighters. That they just said "lets get butter bean and call it a night". What does it hurt to have him?? Hell many games add extra weird characters just for the hell of it. Look at Big John in EA MMA or The Tap out crew in UFC2010.

Also what do you mean he "takes a spot". They sign who will sign, plain and simple. You have ZERO way of knowing what Ward or Martinez request to be compensated for. You have no way of knowing the decisions that must be made to bring the title to your hands. Yet you act as if you know the ins and outs of signing major athletes. It is easier to act as if you know the whole routine, but the fact is you don't know.

This also touched a nerve with me not because I went to community day. I am far from a EA apologist. But you have ZERO facts to base any of your thoughts on. Just open bashing with no knowledge of what you are talking about. I don't go around talking as if I know everything about programming and hexeditors, because I don't know. Just the same as you have no idea what it entails to sign these major athletes
I simply will not address you as you have zero objectivity. You are tainted. For you to even remotely defend the decision to include Butterbean simply tells me that you aren't worthy of a sensible dialogue. It is disturbing that you would even try to defend such a ridiculous and absurd decision to include Butterbean. You are wrong and I will not get caught up in a discussion where it is obviously pointless.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:57 PM   #18
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Butterbean has been in previous versions. I don't care about that. In fact, he goes down in that video due to body shots. Makes sense to me.

Like Phobia noted, you have to consider what it takes to get certain fighters on a roster for a game. One guy may have requirements that EA simply can't meet. Claiming the addition of Butterbean means they know nothing about boxing is silly. Ali is on the roster, along with many other proven fighters. Does that mean the EA team are boxing genius?

It's way to early to be making assumptions on what they have done.
Requirements? It is twisted logic. Under no circumstances should Butterbean ever be in the game. It would be like putting Spencer from The Hills in EA MMA. Whatever was required to put Butterbean in...even if it was $100 and 10 hours of manpower from a FINITE production schedule...it could have been used on anyone from Ray Mercer to Ike Quartey.

Silly? It is isn't. Anyone who has ANY boxing logic would never even think to include Butterbean. It just blows my mind that 1 of 50 spots is used on Butterbean.

You are defending the indefensible.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:00 PM   #19
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
See I don't understand this thought process. First of all they do know boxing pretty well. Second, just because they put in some extra fighters that YOU might not have wanted. What does it harm??

It is no different if I gave you 10 bucks but decided I was going to give you a extra dollar bill. Do you turn down the dollar bill because it is not significant enough for you??? In reality all it does is add to your amount.

The reason this bothers me is you act as if they did not go out and sign other fighters. That they just said "lets get butter bean and call it a night". What does it hurt to have him?? Hell many games add extra weird characters just for the hell of it. Look at Big John in EA MMA or The Tap out crew in UFC2010.

Also what do you mean he "takes a spot". They sign who will sign, plain and simple. You have ZERO way of knowing what Ward or Martinez request to be compensated for. You have no way of knowing the decisions that must be made to bring the title to your hands. Yet you act as if you know the ins and outs of signing major athletes. It is easier to act as if you know the whole routine, but the fact is you don't know.

This also touched a nerve with me not because I went to community day. I am far from a EA apologist. But you have ZERO facts to base any of your thoughts on. Just open bashing with no knowledge of what you are talking about. I don't go around talking as if I know everything about programming and hexeditors, because I don't know. Just the same as you have no idea what it entails to sign these major athletes

And never assume who you are talking to...I have more information and knowledge of dealing with and signing athletes than you know. But I am not going to get involved in this as your paragraph screams not worthy of a discourse. But keep capitalizing "ZERO" to make your unsubstantiated points.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:22 PM   #20

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelwig14
And never assume who you are talking to...I have more information and knowledge of dealing with and signing athletes than you know. But I am not going to get involved in this as your paragraph screams not worthy of a discourse. But keep capitalizing "ZERO" to make your unsubstantiated points.
So you are just going to quote everyone you disagree with and tell them they are wrong, but not get involved in the discussion? You are putting way too much weight in the the inclusion of Butterbean. It's as if he was placed on the cover of the game. I don't understand your logic. Should other sports games exclude under performers?

EA has included a solid amount of boxers. Are some lacking? Sure. But I don't think they would purposefully seek out a guy like Butterbean more than they would an elite boxer.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:39 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Ok man. Whatever you say. I'll use my old tried and true line. Dont buy it , the world shall keep spinning regardless, lol. Peace.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2010, 11:38 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
I simply will not address you as you have zero objectivity. You are tainted. For you to even remotely defend the decision to include Butterbean simply tells me that you aren't worthy of a sensible dialogue. It is disturbing that you would even try to defend such a ridiculous and absurd decision to include Butterbean. You are wrong and I will not get caught up in a discussion where it is obviously pointless.
Really, because I think it is pointless to get work up over couple hours of work on ONE character????

You are the one going WAYYY over board. What about the other countless real boxers they did sign??? but because they sign one you don't agree with the whole game is crap and you have not even touched it.

I am sorry but YOU are the one tainted. I approach each game with a open mind and judge it on what I enjoy or don't enjoy. What I deem realistic or not. But what I don't do is jump to conclusions like yourself over petty stuff. I could careless if butter bean is in, hell I most likely would never use him so explain to me how that takes away from my experience???

Quote:
Ok then explain to me how you know EA's budget? Explain to me how you know what each fighter they DID sign took home? Explain to me what fighters asked for to much and guys like yourself jump to conclusions that they did not try? So you know for a fact they did not use up their whole budget on real boxers and had a little extra left over so they said, "Hey think butter bean would take it??"......But wait, you know all these answers so I am all open to hear them.

Oh and you said that I supply zero???? What about this!
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ay-legacy.html

or this
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...questions.html

I comment on both good AND bad. Not a one sided "tainted" outlook as you describe. But I will go ahead and explain the differences between me and you since you have trouble explaining yours.

I am not out to get ANYONE. I respect the work these hundreds of game developers do. Countless hours behind a computer screen, tweaking for hours, just so "His color socks are the same as real" or "He displays his real style signatures". Then only to be ridiculed and put down on a personal level by people such as yourself because of the smallest things.

Be critical of the product, but when you bring it on a personal level I think it is tasteless and shows zero respect.

Last edited by Phobia; 12-06-2010 at 11:44 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:55 PM   #23
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Old 12-07-2010, 12:22 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am sorry but this games just looks disappointing. Expected so much more. The foot work looks the same, punches are slow and Butterbean what the hell couldn't get someone better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »