Home

Fight Night Champion Legacy Mode Producer Video

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Legacy Mode Producer Video within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2010, 05:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Fight Night Champion Legacy Mode Producer Video

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Be true to you, and that way u can never fall
- Tupac Shakur
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2010, 06:52 PM   #2
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Legacy Mode Video

:/

Last edited by Vast; 12-08-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:22 PM   #3
Pro

acarrero's Arena

OVR: 10

Not bad. I'm starting to warm up to the training sites idea. That damage affects your career sounds good, though I thought that was also in FN4 (sort of, your boxer started with a 99 in cuts and I think that went down as the career progressed). There are more things to do and decide than in FN4, more variables and different things that can affect your performance and career. I hope it's bug-free this time. Honestly, a lot of people still complain, but the difference between FN4 and FNC appears to be more of a leap that we usually see in Madden and other franchises.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:54 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

It looks alright but I was really hoping they were going to be making a huge leap forward with Legacy Mode. This just looks like a minor improvement to me.

Old 12-08-2010, 09:58 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Looks decent to me. I wish though that you would be able to create more than 1 boxxer in a career. I would really like to have my buddies over on Saturday nights and each have boxers in the rankings and we would move up the ladder and fight eachother along the way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2010, 09:54 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Looks decent to me. I wish though that you would be able to create more than 1 boxxer in a career. I would really like to have my buddies over on Saturday nights and each have boxers in the rankings and we would move up the ladder and fight eachother along the way.
Me too. Evander Holyfield, a 20-year-old game, even let you have more than one fighter in the career mode.

I really like a lot of the changes they've made to Legacy Mode. I wish there was more like diet, scouting future opponents, more sparring, etc. But it's a leap forward from FNRd4.

One thing I'll continue to bellow, however, is the ability to start a career mode with static attributes. A fighter really doesn't learn to have 1-punch KO power. Usually, they either have it or they don't.
A young Tyson was already blazing fast and powerful in his first pro fight. What made him better by fight 30 was experience.
Sure, a guy can work on things like stamina, defense, combinations, even increase somewhat in speed or power. But you'll never see a guy like Sergio Mora become a big banger.

In Title Fight, I loved how you could own a stable of fighters and you had to deal and work around each fighters weaknesses and strengths. I had a middleweight who had a 4/10 in power, but was pretty good in speed 7/10 and defense 8/10. So going into a fight, I would make sure he fought defensively, avoided big exchanges and generally wore down his opponent.
I still had to train him to get his stamina up and work on the little things. But as his manager, I had to avoid certain styles and make sure he fought to his strengths.

I would absolutely love that in the FN series. Start off with 4 fighters in your stable and weave them through the ranks in order to make them a champ. I would get a lot more satisfaction out of making a champ out of a fighter with limited abilities than I would having a beast and steam rolling to the top.

I hope that these kinds of things are added 2 years from now. I feel that boxing, above all other sports, is one where RPG-style simluation can work best.
Each fighter can have personalities so you have to deal with their laziness, or overzealous nature. Some guys might live in the gym while others want to party and slack off.

But all of this has been mentioned before so I apologize for stearing this conversation off topic.

I really do like a lot of what we see. I'd just like to see it get raised to the next level. Heck, even allowing a few of your buddies to log into your career mode would be great. It'd be awesome to come home from work and see your friend surpassed you in the rankings and just won the Welterweight belt.
That's the next level.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:47 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

You can see the upgarde tree that I talked about in my blog which is similar to Mass effects skill tree. In the video, this should make fighters different or at least more so than in the past versions
Old 12-09-2010, 02:23 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Everything thing looks pretty good but one thing sticks out.... "Very Stiff Looking Gameplay" the sweet science is all about being fluid and this game is lacking that tremendously.

It just appears that every punch looks very robotic and not fluid, even the movement is stiff.. They need to fix the engine or completely overhaul it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »