Home

Fight Night Champion Roster and Features Announced, Including Online Gyms

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Roster and Features Announced, Including Online Gyms within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2010, 04:30 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Fight Night Champion Roster and Features Announced, Including Online Gyms

Rocky ?
Old 12-09-2010, 04:32 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65South
No doubt! If Haseem Rahman (reportedly) said that for the only way for him to be in FNR4 was to be on the cover AND have the game named after him, I can only imagine what Mayweather is asking for.

I think it'd be a bit different if there was one governing body that EA had to pay to get rights to boxers, but I'm not positive that that's the case. Don't quote me, but I believe it is based on compensating the individual boxers. Don't get me wrong...it would be awesome to have Mayweather shipped with the game, but since that seems like a wild dream I'll just do like I did with FNR4 and download a well done CAB version from the share.
That's precisely how it works. Boxing doesn't have a players union like baseball, hockey or football. So instead of dealing with one governing body, they have to seek out each individual boxer and purchase their rights.

And maybe a moderator has to put a sticky thread up, but Floyd isn't in the game because he wanted the game named after him and wanted more money than all the other boxers combined!
According to some of the community members, EA reached out to the man personally but he wouldn't budge on his demands.

So if anyone has a problem with Floyd not being in the game contact Floyd Mayweather about it. It wasn't EA's decision to exclude him from the game.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:46 PM   #19

OVR: 34

EA Sports, the company that puts Tiger Woods on their Golf game, paid a bunch of money for the NFL exclusive, features top of the line athletes on their sports titles....don't you think they'd at least try and get Floyd?

EA would love to be able to have him on their cover. Make no mistake about it. This is probably on Floyd.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:03 PM   #20
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

No super middles, but at least they have Kendall Holt and a few others that are decent.

It's nice to see I can take my legacy mode fighter online.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:21 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Fight Night Champion Roster

That was nice of him to explain it. I'm happy with the roster. Nice to see Zab on there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2010, 05:34 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Ok. A bit better out of the gate this time around. FN4 had around 48 boxers on release, rounding out the roster with a total of 55 after the DLC.

This time, we're actually starting with 54, so we should see around 6 more boxers DLC which takes us to 60 total. In conjunction with 100 slots for CABs AND importation into whatever mode you choose. Cant beat that.

I'm really looking forward to this. I am slightly disappointed that a few aren't on the list from 4. Here's a list of who was in FN4 but not on FNC list:

1. james toney
2. Thomas Adamek
3. Amin Askmn
4. Cory Spinks
5. Paulie Malignag
6. Kermit Cintron
7. Vivian Harris
8. Artur Gatti
9. Nate Campbell
10. Marco Barrera
11. Erik Morales
12. Fernando Montiel
13. jorge Arcer
Old 12-09-2010, 05:50 PM   #23
Pro

MikeRo72's Arena

OVR: 6

Damn, I'll miss Adamek, Barrera, Morales and Gatti. They were strong additions and its sad they are gone from this year's version but I could care less about the rest of the omissions.

As for Mayweather I am sure he priced himself out...he thinks that he is boxing. Not my opinion...his words.

Unless I am wrong; Did anyone else notice that there is only one Al Haymon fighter on that roster: Arreola. Mayweather, Paul Williamss, Andre Berto, Librado Andrade, Antonio Tarver, etc. Haymon is notorious for being a Grade A douche bag to negotiate with.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:35 PM   #24
Pro

acarrero's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Fight Night Champion Roster

I like that B-Hop was added. But would like to see guys like Trinidad in there instead of Vargas.

Edit: Actually Bernard was a DLC fighter last year.

Last edited by acarrero; 12-09-2010 at 07:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »