Home

Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Details

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Details within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 12:31 PM   #25
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Details, Post Impressions Here

For those that have the patch, has anything changed when you are on offense playing against the CPU? Is there an influx of ridiculousness, with the CPU line instantly destroying your o-line and blowing up running plays in the backfield?

I thought the CPU's defense was fine... too fine, in fact, when it came to defending the run. It was my user defense that seemed a step slow and needed the tuning.

In NCAA, the run blocking feels more real. Guys get hat on hat, and if a DT beats my man, it was with realistic momentum, a rip or a swim that took time. In Madden there's the instant, split-second whiff by my linemen that I can't strategize to stop with snap count or anything.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:37 PM   #26
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Well again like I said earlier. I'm looking forward to the update when it comes out. But I hope this update on the D and stuff doesn't benefits the AI more then anything. The AI already is to perfect on D. It needs to benefit the human user just much. I'm looking forward to the update as soon as it gets put out for downloading. But I really hope the AI ain't even more powerful then it already is on D. I'm hoping they balanced the oline and Dline interaction while fixing the D.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:38 PM   #27
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
You mean if I delete the NCAA patch, play action will work? Hmm. I hope the impressions for this patch are good...might be worth picking it up again even with the whack commentary.
I don't think so. Play action didn't work well from day one on NCAA
Old 12-10-2010, 12:41 PM   #28
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah the only way to get Play action to work in NCAA 11 is to lower the entire defense Play recognition attribute down to 60.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:43 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

hmm. no mention of Gameplanning.

still broken?

thanks.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:44 PM   #30
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Yeah the only way to get Play action to work in NCAA 11 is to lower the entire defense Play recognition attribute down to 60.
Is there such a thing in Madden? Or will that break defense...I got tired of the wide open passing out of the box, and easy run game...so I ups'd my copy to a poster on here for free. But having to hot route to get PA to work bugs me in both titles.

I'd much rather play a Madden franchise than an NCAA dynasty, but NCAA is the better game ...at least to me.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:47 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Madden NFL 11 Patch 1.05 Available, Blog Coming "Soon" (Download is Hit or Miss,

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
That has already been fixed....

In my Off-Line Franchise I never heard unique QB intro's, but after the last patch it works.

Infact in year 3 of my franchise, I was playing as Tom Brady against Matt Cassel and the announcer talked about how Cassel used to work as Brady's back-up, and had his break out year when Tom got injured, yadd yadda yadda.

Anyways, as far as the new patch, great news, pleasent surprise.

But now I gotta tweak my custom sliders which were perfect. Thats kind of a bummer...

I think he means that EVERY pregame intro is about qb's. There were supposed to be different players featured, but it's not working.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2010, 12:51 PM   #32
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Is there such a thing in Madden? Or will that break defense...I got tired of the wide open passing out of the box, and easy run game...so I ups'd my copy to a poster on here for free. But having to hot route to get PA to work bugs me in both titles.

I'd much rather play a Madden franchise than an NCAA dynasty, but NCAA is the better game ...at least to me.
Yeah both Madden and NCAA share the same attributes. Only difference is Madden has more additional attributes then NCAA which is the SAC, MAC, DAC, Throw on the RUN. But everything is the same betweeen the two titles.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »