Home

Madden NFL Designers Podcast #3

This is a discussion on Madden NFL Designers Podcast #3 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2010, 03:31 PM   #17
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL Designers Podcast #3

time to start skipping yearly installments....i'm doing it with MLB the show and it's worth it....and if the team is stressing *future*....no need to spend money on this franchise every year anymore.

not a knock, just stating...."it is what it is"
Old 12-10-2010, 03:33 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 9

I'm really getting sick of the " we need more time excuse." By the time Madden 12 hits the shelves, three years will have passed since Head Coach 09 was released; two years will have passed since Ian first uttered the mantra " Everything you see on Sundays."

Enough with the " they need more time " crap !

Here's an easy way to double the amount of work than can be done to the franchise mode; listen to this, it's brilliant: double the staff that's currently working on franchise.

Of course that would mean adjusting the budget, and EA won't ( or can't) to that because they (EA) are already spending too much on the exclusive license.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:36 PM   #19
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
time to start skipping yearly installments....i'm doing it with MLB the show and it's worth it....and if the team is stressing *future*....no need to spend money on this franchise every year anymore.

This...

There's no need to stress about it anymore or storm the gates. It's pretty clear the choices they are making as a seller. It's on me to make mine as the consumer.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:44 PM   #20
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN

After five years of what they call "frankenstein franchise mode" hearing future and long term goal about rebuilding it isn't what I wanted to hear. At least they sound like they're on the right track.

Old 12-10-2010, 03:48 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 15

I am optimistic about Madden franchise if they are going to base it on HC09, however, they have a fear of it being too complicated for the casual user (they don't actually say casual user, but that's what they are referring to). Ian said that it would have to be streamlined a bit cause people would be like what is a restricted free agent? I think that is a very cowardly statement to make. Because if you look at the better sports games out there, they are very sim in their franchise modes. If people like the game they are going to take time to learn what needs to be learned in order to be successful at it. I have never heard anyone complain about a game being too hard these days. I always here people complain about how a game is too easy, too short, not sim enough or too arcade like. I never hear anyone complain about a game being too sim.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2010, 04:05 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 3
So what they are saying is the ps3/360 are less capable then last gen? This podcast is ridiculous.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:07 PM   #23
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipR24
So what they are saying is the ps3/360 are less capable then last gen? This podcast is ridiculous.
I think they mean they had a better engine to build on last gen.

Old 12-10-2010, 04:10 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
I am optimistic about Madden franchise if they are going to base it on HC09, however, they have a fear of it being too complicated for the casual user (they don't actually say casual user, but that's what they are referring to). Ian said that it would have to be streamlined a bit cause people would be like what is a restricted free agent? I think that is a very cowardly statement to make. Because if you look at the better sports games out there, they are very sim in their franchise modes. If people like the game they are going to take time to learn what needs to be learned in order to be successful at it. I have never heard anyone complain about a game being too hard these days. I always here people complain about how a game is too easy, too short, not sim enough or too arcade like. I never hear anyone complain about a game being too sim.
Very good points. I think the Madden team severely underestimates the Madden consumer, probably because their emphasis is on the "casual" gamer, so they automatically assume it'll be too complicated.

And even if that is their concern, wouldn't some of these things fall under the "teaching tool" umbrella that's was touted? Don't know what a RFA is? Great, here's your opportunity to learn.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »