Home

Fight Night Champion Video Preview: Punch From the Guard, True One Punch KO's (G4TV)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Video Preview: Punch From the Guard, True One Punch KO's (G4TV) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2010, 07:16 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Fight Night Champion Video Preview: Punch From the Guard, True One Punch KO's (G4TV)

If you can't view the embed, click here.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2010, 09:20 PM   #2
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Fight Night Champion Video Preview: Punch From the Guard, True One Punch KO's (G4

Sounds good. I really like the changes their making.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:16 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: Fight Night Champion Video Preview: Punch From the Guard, True One Punch KO's (G4

Nice!

10char
Old 12-13-2010, 01:50 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
This is going to be ****, I have no doubts about it.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:08 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8
i liked some of the video, but why does EA continue to just rename stuff that was in previous games. One-punch knockouts=flash K.O....i wish they just talked to the community like people who actually buy the games instead of talking to us like we are parents who just get any game their kid wants...i dont wanna hear any "back of the box" feature...give it to me straight up...

The jury is still out, but i am optimistic that this will be a step above FN4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2010, 11:30 AM   #6
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
i dunno it may just be me but i dont really see a difference. Maybe the character models are slightly better looking but it still looks like the same thing we've always gotten. Like someone else said, one-punch knockouts is just another way of saying flash KOs. And i'm sure it will be overdone because very rarely are there one punch knockouts in a real fight where the ref doesnt even bother counting like the guy says in the video. The ref will almost always give you a count unless its obviously brutal. Maybe they should have more ref stoppages if a guy is taking too much damage because they never seem to get that right in the past.

A boxing game needs to feel smooth. You need to be able to move around the ring and be able to distance yourself from your opponent so you can hit and move without having to worry about being hit. You need to be able to throw different types of punches fluidly. If they can get that right it will be good but i'm concerned about flash kos being overdone and i dont like how bloody the game looks. Way too much damage.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:04 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1WEiRDguy
i liked some of the video, but why does EA continue to just rename stuff that was in previous games. One-punch knockouts=flash K.O....i wish they just talked to the community like people who actually buy the games instead of talking to us like we are parents who just get any game their kid wants...i dont wanna hear any "back of the box" feature...give it to me straight up...

The jury is still out, but i am optimistic that this will be a step above FN4

Edit - I see what you are saying about previous versions - I would rather have the best gameplay possible rather than the best graphics and it seems like this company makes poor choices about their developement in many of their sports titles - compared to some of the elite games, ie nba 2k/ mlb the show

Last edited by wyrm187; 12-13-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:50 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

LOL! I love Brizzo's T-shirt! Classic!
"RUN PBF" Hahahaha!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »