Home

OS Radio Show Tomorrow Night -- NCAA Football Edition!

This is a discussion on OS Radio Show Tomorrow Night -- NCAA Football Edition! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2010, 12:26 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
OS Radio Show Tomorrow Night -- NCAA Football Edition!

OS Radio is returning to the internet airwaves tomorrow night for a special edition of the show! Join myself (Chris Sanner) and Christian McLeod as we welcome on EA Sports' (and a member of the NCAA Football team) Ben Haumiller to discuss NCAA Football in both the real and digital formats. We'll predict some bowl games and try to get Ben to give us the master plan for NCAA Football 12, although we suspect he'll be able to withstand Christian's charm for the hour we'll have him on.

What: OS Radio Show

When: 9pm EST Tommorrow Night

Where: We will be live both on OS and on BlogTalkRadio!

Hosts: Our Executive Editor Chris Sanner as well as OS Staff Writer Christian McLeod.

Guest: NCAA Football 11 Developer/Team Member Ben Haumiller

Listen Link: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/operationsports
Listen live in the top right hand corner.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / iPhone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2010, 01:14 PM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
I'm hopeful that you all get some interesting tidbit of information out of Haumiller as to the direction of NCAA 12. NCAA 11 was my favorite football game of the three that game out for the next-gen consoles this past year, and I'm interested to see in what they do to improve on their winning formula.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: OS Radio Show Tomorrow Night -- NCAA Football Edition!

Wohoo, I am definitely going to ask him about the broken scrambling cpu QB logic. And why none of the QBs scramble, not even the ones that they have listed as a scrambling QB. And how come none of them are dual threat.

I mean one has to run in order to be considered a dual threat. Also why the cpu executes the spread offenses so terrible. But ya know, more importantly why the cpu QBs don't scramble

It is unacceptable in 2010 to have a football game that don't have scrambling QBs. I mean hell even the NES and Sega Genesis had scrambling QBs.

So you trying to tell me the Xbox 360 & PS3, which are basically mini PCs can't have scrambling QBs ? And they can't say nobody brought it up, because it is brought up EVERY YEAR ever since NCAA 07.

I brought it up in July 3 days after the game came out. Told the community manager Dewiel dozen times since July. Told Adam Thompson on this forum, told Russ on this forum, told them on EA's website forum several times in every single forum category they had on EA from feedback, to series discussion to technical issues, you name it, I posted it on there ever since July.

Hell even twitted Dewiel, Josh Lohman, Jerry Strausser, Larry Richart, Ian, Donny........5 months later and neither NCAA or Madden has addressed this issue.

So it seems to me none of these guys ever played against the cpu and only play online or something.

But anyway should be a great Radioshow.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:53 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 11
lol...they just dont listen gotmadskillzson.... it's as simple as that. How is a game company who's slogan is if its in the game "its in the game" does not have the simple things in any of there games... And when it is mentioned to them in forums, blogs, emails and through twitter has not done anything to address many of the faults through a patch/update.

Is NCAA is a solid game on the field? Yes I think so... sure the announcing is well... boring(need to add new lines for Brad and Kirk) but where games like NBA 2k11 and even going back to NFL2k5 keep me playing is what can be done after the plays, the halftime show, post game show makes these games feel like they are more than just a video game.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:13 PM   #5
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeworld
Is NCAA is a solid game on the field? Yes I think so... sure the announcing is well... boring(need to add new lines for Brad and Kirk)
New lines? They need lines that make sense. Half the time they say something so generic that it may as well not be said at all, or something just outright wrong or completely inappropriate for the situation on the field. Fix the announcer logic, then worry about adding lines. I don't need MORE of Kirk saying "Too many penalties can ruin a team's chance of winning"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2010, 03:12 PM   #6
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I don't think they ever changed the lines of NCAA in over a decade. Same thing with the crowds. They really need dynamic commentary and crowds. NBA 2K11 really has set the bar when it comes to commentary and crowd interaction.

In NCAA people cheer when the opposing team scores a TD.......SMH Why is my cheerleaders jumping for them ? Do a big hit and you get nothing from the crowd at all.

I mean come on, even Madden has moved on from BOOM, WHERE THAT TRUCK COME FROM ?

Over all though being these developers came from Florida St, Florida, Michigan, etc., some even played football at these schools, how can you come from a football background then make this and say it is football ???

Especially the ones who were former QBs themselves. Kind of reminds me of that QB Blog that wasn't even about QBs at all, it was about the defense.

I had such high hopes for this game. Thought it would be sports game of the year. I mean they really hyped it up talking about how the offense would be unstoppable, the cpu going to run all over you, dual threat QBs, the awesomeness of the spread offense. It would be like nothing you ever seen before.

Got the game, played against Michigan......WTF.......played against Auburn......WTF

Then I thought well ok let me play against a school that had a well known dual threat QB, played against Oregon.......SMH, played against VT, GT, Ohio St, Nevada.....SMH

Picked up the game case flipped it over........

120 ways to win
Run the offense the way the schools do
New offensive styles.......

Hmmmmmm. They got the new playbooks, but none of the spread, pistol, multiple or option schools run them properly. Mainly because none of the QBs scramble.

Scrambling mobile QB is the key component of any spread offense. If the QB isn't a threat to run, then that offense doesn't work.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:40 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 19
NCAA simply needs an Open Editor as discussed with Ian with Madden.

Also, until coding for tendency sliders (like 2k11) are included for players/teams, this will be year 9 about ratings/gameplay issues with this game.

The first thing about any information on NCAA 12 should be about what gamers have found through their extensive testing dealing with their ratings system and what affects they actually have on gameplay.

At some point, someone will find a way around the digital signature that prevents a 3rd party editor (Finn/Pocketscout) from being used to help fix some of the ratings/gameplay issues we are finding.

Once that happens, then an Open Editor will be introduced as a "New Feature" or a year after Madden has included it. So we're looking at around 2013, 2014 or 2015 with the current Madden to NCAA format.

The other issues that is a must address is the "Field" size. The NCAA field is simply too small (length/width) which creates "All" of the issues pertaining to gameplay. Everything must happen in a vacuum at a quick pace. Movements do not have the proper space to play out.

Again, see how much field there is on Madden:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg m.jpg (59.4 KB, 110 views)

Last edited by khaliib; 12-13-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:10 PM   #8
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Get the goods on NCAA 12! See if you can get Ben to tell you what difficulty level he plays on and if he uses sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »