Home

Gran Turismo 5 Loading Slow? Meh... Just Install an SSD Hard Drive

This is a discussion on Gran Turismo 5 Loading Slow? Meh... Just Install an SSD Hard Drive within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2010, 09:00 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Gran Turismo 5 Loading Slow? Meh... Just Install an SSD Hard Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3veron
First disable PSN now install a SSD? Sorry for being a grouch but come on this should have all been sorted before the game was out.

6 Years is a long time for any project, in context, the tallest building in the world took less time to construct than Gran Turismo 5.

I may be an old timer but in the 80s we had no patches and whatever we got out of the box was perfect. Software may have been a lot simpler but quality was also a lot higher. Seriously thinking of just ditching consoles and just grabbing an IPAD for simplicity. And you know what? That IPAD racer comes with damage unlocked!
/RANT
Nobody is making you install a SSD. The game is fine without it but the SSD helps with load times and not just for GT5, for all games. I don't know why you're jumping on GT5. Lol.

And regarding the 80s. Developers have a ton more to debug nowadays compared to back then. In the 80s, PC games came on 3 or more 1.44mb diskettes. That's not even big enough for soundtracks now. That's barely an mp3 file Lol.

And you calling the 80s games "perfect"??? Are you kidding me?? The internet was in it's infancy so consoles weren't even net-capable until the 90s, THAT'S why devs couldn't patch console games after release, not bcuz they thought their games were perfect. We had no other choice to accept them as they came. They were not "perfect". "Fun", but not perfect. Even the devs knew that and the evidence is on the PC platform. Developers released patches for PC games in the 80s so obviously devs were still working to improve gameplay post-release just as they do for all platforms today.
I loved the old 80s games growing up too (I even played the text RPGs, with no graphics) but get real. I understand you are frustrated but I'll take RDR and GT5 over the Space Quest series and Carmageddon anyday.

Enjoy your iPad

Last edited by prolifik; 12-17-2010 at 12:22 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:56 PM   #10
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by prolifik
Nobody is making you install a SSD. The game is fine without it but the SSD helps with load times and not just for GT5, for all games. I don't know why you're jumping on GT5. Lol.

And regarding the 80s. Developers have a ton more to debug nowadays compared to back then. In the 80s, PC games came on 3 or more 1.44mb diskettes. That's not even big enough for soundtracks now. That's barely an mp3 file Lol.

And you calling the 80s games "perfect"??? Are you kidding me?? The internet was in it's infancy so consoles weren't even net-capable until the 90s, THAT'S why devs couldn't patch console games after release, not bcuz they thought their games were perfect. We had no other choice to accept them as they came. They were not "perfect". "Fun", but not perfect. Even the devs knew that and the evidence is on the PC platform. Developers released patches for PC games in the 80s so obviously devs were still working to improve gameplay post-release just as they do for all platforms today.
I loved the old 80s games growing up too (I even played the text RPGs, with no graphics) but get real. I understand you are frustrated but I'll take RDR and GT5 over the Space Quest series and Carmageddon anyday.

Enjoy your iPad
Agreed. But I have an iPhone ... and over 200 apps ... and guess what? I must update MINIMUM 10 apps a day. EVERYDAY. Apps crashing, locking up, patching everyday, etc etc.

Same issues, different platform. I guess Apple is good at marketing for people to overlook that the same things happen on their products! I love the phone, but I see the same inherent problems PCs and consoles have with it. And even firmware updates introduce a slew set of new issues. Like the current 4.2.1 delay with the wiggle icons now due to the introduced animated folders.

Anyways, not to rant too much ... but the PS3 being able to accept faster upgrades is a great thing.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:06 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Agreed. But I have an iPhone ... and over 200 apps ... and guess what? I must update MINIMUM 10 apps a day. EVERYDAY. Apps crashing, locking up, patching everyday, etc etc.

Same issues, different platform. I guess Apple is good at marketing for people to overlook that the same things happen on their products! I love the phone, but I see the same inherent problems PCs and consoles have with it. And even firmware updates introduce a slew set of new issues. Like the current 4.2.1 delay with the wiggle icons now due to the introduced animated folders.

Anyways, not to rant too much ... but the PS3 being able to accept faster upgrades is a great thing.
Hahaha.... ain't that the truth.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »