Home

Gran Turismo 5 v1.05 Update Brings New Events & More, Available Now

This is a discussion on Gran Turismo 5 v1.05 Update Brings New Events & More, Available Now within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Gran Turismo 5 v1.05 Update Brings New Events & More, Available Now

Gran Turismo 5 v1.05 is available now, post your impressions here. it weighs in at roughly 600 MB.
  • Seasonal Events: [Seasonal Events] have been added to the [GT Mode] – [GT Life] screen. From here you can participate in official online events from the Polyphony Digital team. In these events, all participants are under the same regulations, and if you complete the event you will win rewards and experience. Compete on the leader boards with players around the world, in Time Trials and Drift Trials!
  • Online Collector’s Dealership: An [Online Collector's Dealership] has been added to the left and centre of the [GT Mode]-[GT Life] screen. In here you will find popular and rare cars. You might just come across that one car you’ve always been looking for, that you haven’t been able to find in the [Used Car Dealership].
  • Online Race Rewards and Experience: When you complete a race in the [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge], you will now gain rewards and experience points. Even if you are focused more on playing online, you’ll still be able to gain rewards and levels that you need to progress in [GT Life].
  • Driving Distance and Number of Wins in Online Races: The driving distance and the number of wins you achieve when you complete a race in [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge] will now affect your stats in [Profile] and the [Garage]. Here the results from your online play will cumulate within [GT Life].
  • Improved Rewards: The rewards for winning races in both A-Spec and B-Spec in [GT Mode]-[GT Life] have been increased for a limited time only. (This applies until the end of January 2011.) This is a great chance for those who were previously having difficulties getting ahead in the game, due to a lack of funds for tuning and purchasing required cars.
  • Race Information Display: It is now possible to set the [Race Info Display] in [Start]-[Quick Options]. (You can also set this in [Race Display] in [Options]).
  • Save Data Backup: You can now copy and restore your save data. For details, please refer to the in-game [Manual].
  • User BGM (Menu): From [Options]-[Hardware]-[Audio Settings], it is now possible to set the [User BGM] (Menu)]. (This can also be set from the [Music Library] within [GT Mode]).
  • Car Name Change: The official name of “Red Bull X1″ has been changed to the “Red Bull X2010″.
  • Integration with the Website: The main features within [GT Mode]-[Community] can now also be accessed through the “gran-turismo.com” official website.
  • [Important Note:] We have made improvements to the [Log] within [GT Mode]- [Community] section, in order to make its operation more stable. Please note that the information that was contained here from before the update has been reset.

Source - GTPlanet

More info can be seen here - GT Academy Starts Today, Plus Expanded Gran Turismo 5 Features (Playstation.Blog)
Platform: PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2010, 12:15 PM   #2
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Gran Turismo 5 v1.05 Update Brings New Events & More, Available Now

Very nice update. Loving the continued support from Sony.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:20 PM   #3
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
Indeed, go to love the continued support. Apparently they are going to give us an update a month.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:21 PM   #4
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3veron
Indeed, go to love the continued support. Apparently they are going to give us an update a month.
Sweet, that is indeed good news!
Old 12-20-2010, 12:36 PM   #5
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

I'm so glad about the save data backup. I wished for this game for Christmas and was going to be at home for a month after (on the PS3 here, not the one at my dorm). I didn't want to have to either play this for a month and have to restart when I go back to school, or wait out a month without playing it in general just so I can play it at school.

I was about to ask Santa I was going to reconsider.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2010, 12:47 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4
Online racing now gives you GT Life progress.

Looks like I'll be spending some time online!
Old 12-20-2010, 12:55 PM   #7
MVP

HungryBologna's Arena

OVR: 19

I like the idea of the Online Collector’s Dealership... updating now.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:01 PM   #8
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by addybojangles
Online racing now gives you GT Life progress.

Looks like I'll be spending some time online!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryBologna
I like the idea of the Online Collector’s Dealership... updating now.
Two awesome features!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »