Home

Electronic Arts Planning Madden Curse: The Movie

This is a discussion on Electronic Arts Planning Madden Curse: The Movie within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2010, 11:14 AM   #17
Rookie

grlacher's Arena

OVR: 4
You"ve got to be kidding.They need to focus their attention on the game.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:50 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Electronic Arts Planning Madden Curse: The Movie

Money well spent EA.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:32 PM   #19
Rookie

Keenan G.'s Arena

OVR: 0

EA should have used the money and make Madden a better game. Why waste time on a stupid movie? MAKE A BETTER FOOTBALL GAME!!!!!!
Old 12-21-2010, 12:36 PM   #20
Pro

erich20012001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
The story will follow a former Madden video game champion who is forced out of retirement just as he finds himself on the corner of the game's cover -- and subject to the curse.
What the hell does that even mean? It won't follow a player? But a guy who was really good at Madden and someone gets onto the cover? What!?
Old 12-21-2010, 12:40 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3
The movie will be terrible, so just spend the time and money on making the game good. How come the last gen madden is still better than the current gen?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2010, 12:49 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by erich20012001
What the hell does that even mean? It won't follow a player? But a guy who was really good at Madden and someone gets onto the cover? What!?
Yeah, it kinda sounds like EA is taking a shot at it's consumer base. So you guys wanna say our game curses the people we decide to put on the cover? Well how about we put one of you guys on the cover?
Old 12-21-2010, 02:53 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngreatshark
This is dumb on several levels.

1. The plot is dumb, and I don't think people are gonna want to pay to see a movie about some guy who is afraid of a video game. It's like wanting to go pay and see a movie about some weird kid wanting to go from North Dakota all the way to California to play SMB 3 against some *** with a Powerglove.

2. I'm not sure John Madden will approve of this. Them making a movie called "Madden Curse" would be like them making the whole thing official, they are giving validity to it. I don't think John Madden is going to want his name or legacy tied into something like that.

3. It's marketing in the worst way, making somebody pay to watch an advertisement. And it says alot about EA, about Madden NFL, and how seriously we should the company and the game if they are willing to take what should be a hardcore football game for diehard fans and reduce it to satire.

I hope on everything this exclusive liscense ends, and we can finally get a good NFL football simulation from somebody who really is trying to focus on making a good NFL football simulation, not somebody who consistantly makes a mockery of it.
2. I don't think that the movie, which is a satire, acknowledges the curse at all. However, I agree that Madden probably doesn't want his name kicked around like that.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:55 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy748
Ha ha! Good one. If the movie was a spoof then it might be okay, ala Dodgeball. Madden might be willing to bless it if the said Cursee finds himself subjected to the curse but manages to overcome it, then rides off into the sunset with the heroine (played by the Dallas cheerleaders. All of 'em).

I think I'd still wait for the DVD release, though.
I bet that it is a straight-to-DVD release. EA is stupid, but not enough to pay the premiums to get placed into theaters. And it will be a spoof/satire more than likely. Probably like Dodgeball but with unknown actors.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »