Home

Fight Night Champion: Build a Champion or Create Your Legacy with New Trailer

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion: Build a Champion or Create Your Legacy with New Trailer within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2010, 02:47 PM   #17
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Fight Night Champion: Build a Champion or Create Your Legacy with New Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Why? I don't understand. Because I was not explaining the story. I was just using a example of how it would contrast with created fighters.
I am referring to the trailer

Stereotypical and unoriginal...

Seen same concepts movies on BET...

Last edited by Jukeman; 12-22-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:02 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Fight Night Champion: Build a Champion or Create Your Legacy with New Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
Looks interesting.

But as a hardcore boxing fan, I would've loved to have seen this type of drama and emotion somehow merged into Legacy mode.
Bingo.

Hearing that it's completely linear doesn't excite me. It makes me think that we'll always suffer a cut, or a loss, or knockdown, regardless of how good or bad we are.

I'd love to have a Legacy Mode where we weave the storyline and the dramatic cutscenes.

I also hope that we can spar as much as we want leading up to fights. I can't tell you how bored I am with the "hit the bags/skip rope/lift weights/spar now distribute points" system.
Why can't we have an actual training camp where we decide what's done leading into a fight?
If I want my guy to spar 200 rounds before a bout (and the benefits/consequences as such), I should be able to do it.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:39 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
I am referring to the trailer

Stereotypical and unoriginal...

Seen same concepts movies on BET...
Yea I can see that.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:26 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Bingo.

Hearing that it's completely linear doesn't excite me. It makes me think that we'll always suffer a cut, or a loss, or knockdown, regardless of how good or bad we are.

I'd love to have a Legacy Mode where we weave the storyline and the dramatic cutscenes.

I also hope that we can spar as much as we want leading up to fights. I can't tell you how bored I am with the "hit the bags/skip rope/lift weights/spar now distribute points" system.
Why can't we have an actual training camp where we decide what's done leading into a fight?
If I want my guy to spar 200 rounds before a bout (and the benefits/consequences as such), I should be able to do it.
If you have to fight a guy that blinds you somehow or fight injured or face a steroid monster, I'm screaming foul.

It may turn out to be very cool, but honestly I would much rather create my own stroy moving up the rankings, etc. It would be better if some random matchups created a story in itslef. Lets say you have 250 boxers in each weight class. You choose to fight random guy 147 and that triggers an event where this or that happens. Nothing over the top but things that can effect your short term ratings positively or negatively or unlocks some unconventional type training events.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:39 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
If you have to fight a guy that blinds you somehow or fight injured or face a steroid monster, I'm screaming foul.

It may turn out to be very cool, but honestly I would much rather create my own stroy moving up the rankings, etc. It would be better if some random matchups created a story in itslef. Lets say you have 250 boxers in each weight class. You choose to fight random guy 147 and that triggers an event where this or that happens. Nothing over the top but things that can effect your short term ratings positively or negatively or unlocks some unconventional type training events.
Yeah, that'd be cool. Like say you lost because of a foul that wasn't caught by the ref.
If both you and that opponent become ranked, it would be an instant rivalry.

Considering I haven't played this mode, I don't have a right to rag on it. I didn't like the sounds of HUT (Hockey Ultimate Team) for NHL 11 but after playing it, it really grew on me.
So maybe it'll be the same with this. It might be something fun to play with outside the Legacy Mode.

The only thing that concerns me is that with the team using so much time and resources on a linear aspect, they could have really spruced up the Legacy Mode to include stables of fighters or maybe a whole Managerial Mode.

I'm still looking forward to FNC though. It's going to be a long wait till March.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2010, 05:31 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Yeah, that'd be cool. Like say you lost because of a foul that wasn't caught by the ref.
If both you and that opponent become ranked, it would be an instant rivalry.

Considering I haven't played this mode, I don't have a right to rag on it. I didn't like the sounds of HUT (Hockey Ultimate Team) for NHL 11 but after playing it, it really grew on me.
So maybe it'll be the same with this. It might be something fun to play with outside the Legacy Mode.

The only thing that concerns me is that with the team using so much time and resources on a linear aspect, they could have really spruced up the Legacy Mode to include stables of fighters or maybe a whole Managerial Mode.

I'm still looking forward to FNC though. It's going to be a long wait till March.
There was really no need for this mode. It just points to the fact that Career mode is much less than it could been. Also the story has real actors(some we've allegedly heard of) and a Hollywood writer. That probably cost the same as get 30 to 50 more up and comer real boxers.

We had Prizefighter. A story mode boxing game already, what we have never had is a boxing game with a robust ranking system and multiple user career modes. In my opinion this is they worst direction the game could have gone.

So the wait is a little shorter for me. I'll pick it up next fall after the summer as I try to be outside as much as possible in the summer.

It will be more of a purchase for Fight Now when people come over on Boxing nights as I am sure the career mode will be same as its always been. Have fun fighting the guy who gives you blurry vision or the cheap shot artist.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:40 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
There was really no need for this mode. It just points to the fact that Career mode is much less than it could been. Also the story has real actors(some we've allegedly heard of) and a Hollywood writer. That probably cost the same as get 30 to 50 more up and comer real boxers.

We had Prizefighter. A story mode boxing game already, what we have never had is a boxing game with a robust ranking system and multiple user career modes. In my opinion this is they worst direction the game could have gone.

So the wait is a little shorter for me. I'll pick it up next fall after the summer as I try to be outside as much as possible in the summer.

It will be more of a purchase for Fight Now when people come over on Boxing nights as I am sure the career mode will be same as its always been. Have fun fighting the guy who gives you blurry vision or the cheap shot artist.
You can have that outlook on the game. But honestly I can't wait for it. I thought it was fun as all hell. So it might not meet your expectations, I think the changes they made to the gameplay are excellent.

Don't take this the wrong way because it is not directed at you fist. Just in general.

I think everyone needs to judge the game based on their own wants, requirements, and likes. I think it is silly judging a game based off your "feeling".

Many people judged APF and never tried it because it did not have NFL teams. But the guys who did try it realized it was one of the best "gameplay" football games in a while.

Basically I am saying, while it might not have everything you would like. Judge the gameplay when it comes to see if you like the game. Don't write it off before playing it.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:46 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
You can have that outlook on the game. But honestly I can't wait for it. I thought it was fun as all hell. So it might not meet your expectations, I think the changes they made to the gameplay are excellent.

Don't take this the wrong way because it is not directed at you fist. Just in general.

I think everyone needs to judge the game based on their own wants, requirements, and likes. I think it is silly judging a game based off your "feeling".

Many people judged APF and never tried it because it did not have NFL teams. But the guys who did try it realized it was one of the best "gameplay" football games in a while.

Basically I am saying, while it might not have everything you would like. Judge the gameplay when it comes to see if you like the game. Don't write it off before playing it.
I'm getting it, there is no doubt about that. I am just not waiting with baited breath. When I get it, I get it. I am a career mode guy and am disappointed they used potential resources elsewhere. I am sure the story mode guys are jumping up and down. To each their own.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »