Home

Top Spin 4 Features All-New Intuitive Controls

This is a discussion on Top Spin 4 Features All-New Intuitive Controls within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2010, 10:48 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Top Spin 4 Features All-New Intuitive Controls

According to a brief look at some of the features of Top Spin 4, we will see an all-new intuitive control system in the game.

What are you hoping to see in Top Spin 4?

Quote:
The latest iteration from the best-selling, next-gen tennis simulation video game franchise*, Top Spin 4 introduces a bold new take on the sport of tennis allowing you to experience firsthand all of the intensity, emotion, and excitement of a real life tennis match. Feel the adrenaline pumping through your veins as the crowd falls completely silent in anticipation of a break point serve. Your hands are sweating. Your heartbeat is racing. The ball is served ferociously and now coming at you at 125 mph. Intensely focused, you crush your return for a baseline winner as the sold out crowd erupts in a roar. With all-new unbelievably responsive controls, electrifying stadium atmospheres, enhanced TV style presentation elements, incredibly accurate player models with Signature, and a super deep career mode, Top Spin 4 is so real you have experience it to believe it.
  • REAL Tennis - From the life-like visuals of the world's best players, to the recreation of the world's most hallowed courts and the unparalleled authenticity of the on-court gameplay, Top Spin 4 provides a breathtaking tennis experience. When your player moves, watch their shadow move with them. As you rally with an opponent in a crucial point, listen as the crowd builds with intensity. Experience everything the pros do in a real tennis match.
  • ALL-NEW Intuitive Controls - Totally re-engineered from the ground up, all-new gameplay controls provide for an unbelievably responsive and satisfying experience allowing you to target your opponent's weaknesses & dominate the court at any skill level.
  • The Deepest Player Roster Ever - Experience the best collection of tennis talent ever assembled as you now have the option to play with 25 of the world's top pros, dozens of talented up-and-comers and some of the game's most iconic legends.
  • My Player Mode - Create and customize every aspect of your created player as you develop your own style of play to dominate the field on your way to becoming #1 on the World Tour.

Source - EB Games
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2010, 10:52 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Top spin 3 was phenomenal..looking forward to TS4
Old 12-30-2010, 12:07 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 11
If the game has a good roster its definitely a must buy. I hope these new controls arent a disapointment because i really liked Topspin 3's (HOLD + release) controls. the felt great
Old 12-30-2010, 03:02 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4
It would be great if the game had commentary as an option.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:08 AM   #5
Rookie

steeluk's Arena

OVR: 6
I loved TS3, but Nadal better not be a PS3 exclusive again!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2010, 10:14 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 19
The original Top Spin was one of the best games for the original Xbox. I hope the new studio can improve on TS3. I agree with dannyr326. The roster is important. They should offer more players as DLC, The generic players have always been a little too flaky.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:28 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6
Wow!!! When your player moves, watch their shadow move with them!!!
Amazing! Hahaha.. Why would they write that in the bullet points? Weird.
I'm not here to rag on the game, just thought that was particularly weird.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:02 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
I hope they do away with the analog serving mechanic.

A week of analog serving in Top Spin 3 broke the right joystick on my 360 controller.

The create a player system also needs to be a lot more balanced to prevent people from being able to max out out their power and ground strokes and have a CAP that completely dominates online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »