Home

Top Spin 4 Features All-New Intuitive Controls

This is a discussion on Top Spin 4 Features All-New Intuitive Controls within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2011, 12:18 AM   #17
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Top Spin 4 Features All-New Intuitive Controls

This will likely be the next game I buy, must have for me as a huge tennis fan.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:58 AM   #18
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
super deep career mode?
tell me more.

That is what I am saying. Right now I am trying to decide between this game, Fight Night or Tiger Woods. I need some more info on the career modes of this and Tiger Woods before I can make a decision though!

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 01-11-2011, 11:11 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 15

if it doesnt have 2 week long grand slams, its a no buy from me.
I want at least 128 players playing in the grand slams. As long as they have generated names with different attributes, the 25 pros are fine with me.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:20 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
if it doesnt have 2 week long grand slams, its a no buy from me.
I want at least 128 players playing in the grand slams. As long as they have generated names with different attributes, the 25 pros are fine with me.
If it doesn't have 6 game sets then it's a no buy for me. Every edition has had a career mode where you play sets where it takes 3 games to win the set. That's never made sense to me. At least give the user the option to set it at whatever # they want. If the ADD crowd want to make it 3 games then they can do that but the sim players should be able to set it at 6 games a set if they want. How hard can that be to do?

It's like playing the Show and only being able to play 5 innings in franchise mode or 3 quarters in Madden or 12 holes in TW golf. Complete and easily avoidable gamekiller. How there isn't numerous complaints from gamers about this is beyond me.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:56 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
If it doesn't have 6 game sets then it's a no buy for me. Every edition has had a career mode where you play sets where it takes 3 games to win the set. That's never made sense to me. At least give the user the option to set it at whatever # they want. If the ADD crowd want to make it 3 games then they can do that but the sim players should be able to set it at 6 games a set if they want. How hard can that be to do?

It's like playing the Show and only being able to play 5 innings in franchise mode or 3 quarters in Madden or 12 holes in TW golf. Complete and easily avoidable gamekiller. How there isn't numerous complaints from gamers about this is beyond me.
you nailed it no 6 sets no buy.

they have a bad habit of advertising topspin as a simulation without even following the basic rules and fundamentals of tennis.

i would like to see topspin's graphics and game play with Smash Court Tennis 3 rules, fatigue system and scheduling system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2011, 02:07 AM   #22
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

Sports game these days like Boxing, UFC and tennis are very problematic in my opinion because ONCE you have the cpu figured out, that's it. SMOOTH sailing. There should be a learning tendency by the cpu to combat your strategy within each and every game to make the game much more dynamic.

For example, Agassi vs Sampras on the hardest level. You're abusing sampras with the cros court backhand always getting him scrambling, you do this the whole match you win it handily. If the game included a learning tendency feature, Sampras will adjust his game to combat your strategy. Every game will thus feel different. ( NHL series feature, PES 2011 feature)

Also include off days.....A 96 rated Sampras for example is having an off 2 weeks at wimbledon, instead of having an ovr rating of 96, he has 91 for the 2 weeks. Still very possible for him to win wimbledon, but easier to knock him off. Conversely, when Sampras is hot, his ovr is a 99 and nearly unbeatable, bordering on impossible to beat at wimbledon- we've seen this in real-life haven't we??? (hot and cold ratings i've remembered since nhl 94 from EA).

so as it stands now, no matter the features of top spin 4, this problem will rear its ugly head again. Once you've figured out how to beat a player, that's IT! the only way you'll ever lose to that player is if you're playing him after a long night and you're half asleep.

Last edited by phillyfan23; 01-15-2011 at 02:15 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:38 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy2500
you nailed it no 6 sets no buy.

they have a bad habit of advertising topspin as a simulation without even following the basic rules and fundamentals of tennis.

i would like to see topspin's graphics and game play with Smash Court Tennis 3 rules, fatigue system and scheduling system.
agree ,hope they are listening

also need to amp up unforced errors
Old 01-18-2011, 02:26 PM   #24
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti

Right on.

I don't care about a limited roster (which is very deep for a tennis game).

All I care about is a true-to-life career mode with accurate number of games and sets. If the game don't got it, I ain't buying it.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »