Home

Madden NFL Designers Podcast #5

This is a discussion on Madden NFL Designers Podcast #5 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2011, 09:38 PM   #9
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Madden NFL Designers Podcast #5

Vision not included, dont think they saw my super duper idea in the Vision Cone discusion thread......simple and effective...*sighs*
Old 01-06-2011, 09:51 PM   #10
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenliving
I'm not sure what the point of the podcast was tbh, they barely said anything other than the fact they're not bringing the vision cone back. Could have said that in a 10 second pod instead of 30 minutes of drivel.
Good PR basically. Out of the 5 podcasts, they never really say anything worthwhile or ground breaking. Honestly I don't expect them to, we probably won't get a good podcast far as what definitely will be in Madden 12 until probably April at the earliest.

Until then, these podcasts are nothing but good PR of showing that they are making an effort to communicate and interact with their customer base.

So for now, it just something to listen to while you using the bathroom or driving to work.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:16 PM   #11
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenliving
I'm not sure what the point of the podcast was tbh, they barely said anything other than the fact they're not bringing the vision cone back. Could have said that in a 10 second pod instead of 30 minutes of drivel.
There isn't anything to be read into any of the podcast. They will be vague and general until the SB.

At halftime of the SB, they may announce a feature that will be in 12. Until then, we have the option to listen to the podcast or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2011, 02:17 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 36

You can't get mad at them for not being specific this early. I love the podcasts. I see nothing wrong with the guys chilling out and recording something for us to chew on before the basic meat of the game comes out at the SB.

It gives you the sense of "hey, we're normal people, we just make games.."..kind of like going to a bar and having a drink with the dev team. Now, obviously we're not all best friends, but it's still cool of them to give us insight. I was a little disappointed in M11, but I still play all the time and all this franchise talk has me having faith. These guys get it, it is just up to them to put those words into reality.

One last thing:

We did get some "news" in this podcast that all the presentation folks will love, and a lot of others will too. Gus and Cris will be recording together after the season ends.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:34 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

They answered legit questions that weren't "the easy ones" and gave us insight into how the game is made. I don't know what more some of you guys want at this point. They even explained themselves why they aren't discussing features for M12 yet, which was completely understandable.

Also, @ Ian on the vision cone coming back: "No ****ing way".

Old 01-07-2011, 09:41 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 7
please add editable draft classes, ala NBA 2k11

i'm tired of playing franchise and having QBs like Andrew Luck come out with 63 ratings. Also I would like to have control of who comes out
Old 01-07-2011, 10:12 AM   #15
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

i hope when the playoff roster update comes out players who didn't do crap will see big hits ie Randy Moss, Brett Farve, Roy Williams
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2011, 12:41 PM   #16
Rookie

Keenan G.'s Arena

OVR: 0

These pdcast are ok. Can't wait until they start talking about the real stuff they are planning on implementing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »