Home

MLB 11 The Show Video Interview: Ramone Russell - Revamped RttS, New Training Modes

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Video Interview: Ramone Russell - Revamped RttS, New Training Modes within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2011, 06:21 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 46
Re: CES 2011: Sony Announces MLB The Show 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbarletta
I want info on franchise mode. What is new?

same here.
not a good sign when its not part of the top 10 bullet list.

STILL waiting for that year when they finally decide to revamp it
they revamped RTTS already.

Well, I'll wait till community day and Knights thoughts on stats and franny but at this point, I am sticking with 10. I'
ve had more fun with my sports games not buying them every year.
that could change tho
Old 01-07-2011, 06:23 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Looks beautiful.

One thing i noticed that i really like, the batter actually steps out of the box, takes his time and resets himself properly between pitches, previously they would just be standing there ready for the next pitch only a second after the catcher had returned the ball to the pitcher, now they actually chill it out, step out, then back in.

p.s. appalling fielding by the Rangers to not catch that deep flyball lol
love that slow moving feel the Show gives you the option to enjoy.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:31 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 1

While listening to russell I also payed attention to the stances of huff,posey,sanchez, and hamilton, which all looked very good. There was another guy but I couldn't see the stance too well and didn't see who it was.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:32 PM   #20
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Oh hell naw...The person who went and did the stance(s) got Hamilton down with his awesome stance and signature stride. The way he loads up is perfect...absolutely perfect. Now I can't wait to see someone like Cano!

There is no roof for my hype meter.

Last edited by Shakedowncapo; 01-07-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:39 PM   #21
Rookie

brewersfan84's Arena

OVR: 6

Game of the Year anyone??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2011, 06:41 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey guys, first time poster here. Long time baseball fan

First off, let me just say that the game looks absolutely gorgeous. From the several screenshots and first couple of videos posted, I'm very impressed with the visual improvements they've done so far.

I'm also lovin' the new features coming out with the next edition, especially the RTTS 5.0.

One thing I've noticed in the video that I'm a little disappointed with is the way the batter (Aubrey Huff?) followed through after he hit the ball. He still looks like a toppling tower, ready to keel over, and then it looks like he proceeds to hop, planting his back foot. This type of follow through has been in the series for a while, and it never looks realistic to me. I compared it to actual video footage of Huff belting (another) long ball.

I stopped at 1:04 for the CES video and 0:04 for the MLB video. The real Huff seems to be generating more spin around his upper torso, with his bat going all the way back, and his legs are more perpendicular to the ground while his upper body is slanted.

I know this is just one case, but I've never really seen a batter follow through like they do in The Show unless they were diving for a ball low and away. And the ball Huff hit in the sample video definitely did not look low and away. I've also noticed some follow-through flaws for right-handed batters as well, but I'll wait until I see some more video of '11 to judge.

That being said, I've bought every edition of MLB: The Show since '06, and I will definitely buy a copy of this year's game as well. They've done so much for this game already, and I can't wait until it comes out!

I can't post the MLB video link until I reach five posts, oops.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:49 PM   #23
Rookie

michfan16's Arena

OVR: 12

I don't know if anyone noticed, but was there a new rob homerun meter
Old 01-07-2011, 06:51 PM   #24
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I know what kind of follow-through you're talking about. Bonds had to start doing this when he couldn't rotate about his back foot but rather only swing with his back side because of his knee, therefore he had to replant his back foot since the insane amount of torque he creates made him have to catch his balance with his back foot that couldn't turn through the swing.

That was a poorly constructed sentence, but it was just as a result of answering where I've seen it before, even though it wasn't exactly the same (here Huff is "falling," Bonds just needed to catch up his back side). Huff does not do it though, and you're right. As a hitting coach, I even analyze and scrutinize the MLB players. Huff never does this, and I watched the Giants play all year. It's probably just a way that SCEA has the players start getting out of the box. It would be nice to see some variation someday though.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »