Home

MLB Manager Online Announced, SEGA Partners with MLB Advanced Media and the MLBPA

This is a discussion on MLB Manager Online Announced, SEGA Partners with MLB Advanced Media and the MLBPA within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2011, 07:29 PM   #17
MVP

davis420's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: MLB Manager Online Announced, SEGA Partners with MLB Advanced Media and the MLBPA

I just wish you could have more than the 65 level to add better players. I have Joey Votto sitting as a reserve because his value is too high!
Old 01-07-2011, 07:36 PM   #18
Waving the Wheat.

wildinkc's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MLB Manager Online Announced, SEGA Partners with MLB Advanced Media and the MLBPA

I got in to. Right now I am having mixed feelings about this game. Right now as I see it, it seems to be more of a game that you start to play just for fun. It kind of reminds me of the EA Ultimate Team. Right now I am kind of confused as to what I am doing. All it is telling me to do is click here click there I am getting no sense of accomplishment. I have only played it for an hour. But it is only a beta and it seems like it is the first day of this beta. Looking forward to see what changes will be made.

Edit: Has anyone else had any problems playing this using firefox. I normally use firefox but I could not get past the stage of selecting my state until I decided to open this game in internet explorer. Just curious.
Follow me on Twitter.
Dibs wife: Carrie Underwood

Currently Playing:
OOTP 13
College Hoops 2k8
WWE 13

Last edited by wildinkc; 01-07-2011 at 07:40 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:01 PM   #19
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41

Been playing for about 30minutes. It's kind of unique and I'm having some fun with it.

Edit: Didn't know "scouting" was getting those players

Last edited by Kobalt; 01-07-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:17 PM   #20
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Got in add me to list,

THE DUSTY BUNCH
Old 01-08-2011, 01:17 AM   #21
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildinkc
I got in to. Right now I am having mixed feelings about this game. Right now as I see it, it seems to be more of a game that you start to play just for fun. It kind of reminds me of the EA Ultimate Team. Right now I am kind of confused as to what I am doing. All it is telling me to do is click here click there I am getting no sense of accomplishment. I have only played it for an hour. But it is only a beta and it seems like it is the first day of this beta. Looking forward to see what changes will be made.

Edit: Has anyone else had any problems playing this using firefox. I normally use firefox but I could not get past the stage of selecting my state until I decided to open this game in internet explorer. Just curious.
Yeah, I had to switch to IE to play it. It just stalls after you sign-in in Firefox.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2011, 10:52 AM   #22
Waving the Wheat.

wildinkc's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
Yeah, I had to switch to IE to play it. It just stalls after you sign-in in Firefox.
Good, I wasn't the only one. I tried a couple more times last night trying to play using Firefox and it kept freezing up on me at the log in screen. I ended up sending a message to Sega about it.
Follow me on Twitter.
Dibs wife: Carrie Underwood

Currently Playing:
OOTP 13
College Hoops 2k8
WWE 13
Old 01-08-2011, 01:32 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 10
I've been playing it on Firefox without any problems. I have all 1 and 2 rater MR's in my rotation to make room for some fielders that I picked up.. :-x it's alright to kill some time... but I think it'll be a little more fun when this 5 day period is up. At the top it has a count down until the season starts. Once that hits 0 I believe we can get into a normal season and we'll have standings and some other options and stats opened up.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:09 PM   #24
Rock Band FTW!

murph17's Arena

OVR: 14

i used FF yesterday at work without a problem. i think the app uses a couple of non-standard ports though - i couldn't connect from my work PC and had to use a laptop with a Verizon 3G card. works fine at home as well.

there seems to be no penalty for playing the MLB teams over and over again. but it's very tough - i've beaten 4-5 of the worst teams but it takes me 10-20 tries each. and this is with Felix Hernandez as my pitcher every time (you can choose your pitcher in that mode).

i also found ranked games today. looks like 5/day.

but yeah - it seems like it's all about collecting and spending points for 5 days to get some powerups and be ready for the season in 4 days. i like it - it's similar to FB Madden, but there is more to do and more strategy involved.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »