Home

MLB 11 The Show Hands-On Impressions, CES 2011 (dmbfan1970)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Hands-On Impressions, CES 2011 (dmbfan1970) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2011, 01:31 PM   #17
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhDaesu
Great write up DMB! One question I do have is for online. Can each person have different options set up. For example when playing online could I be using say analog hitting and my opponent be using classic hitting? Or whatever options that are chosen would have to be used by both players. This would be cool especially when playing friends. Last year some of my buddies wanted to use classic pitching and others wanted to use meter pitching. When we set up an online league we had to choose one or the other. Thanks in advance and get some sleep!!!!
I believe you can mix and match any control setting you see fit online and off.

League set up may have certain options to make things level, I will be going over that stuff with Ramone next week, so stay tuned.

Sent from the dugout using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-2011, 01:40 PM   #18
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Re: DMB day @ CES '11. Hands on.

Thanks very much, man. I can always count on you to do this every year!

So I have a question with the fielding camera you were referring to, the "team specific" one. As I read that, it makes me think you're saying that the camera is stationed at a certain point behind home plate in the stadium, like you would see on TV. At least that's naturally what it sounds like. So first I just want to confirm that's what it means.

Secondly, does that mean that the camera will always be right there, set behind home plate? Or will it be like last year where the view goes down the first or third base lines if the ball is hit to the left or right side?

I don't think the question I asked is too confusing, so if it is I'll clear it up. I just want to know basically if we are getting one broadcast camera this year, not three.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer

So I have a question with the fielding camera you were referring to, the "team specific" one. As I read that, it makes me think you're saying that the camera is stationed at a certain point behind home plate in the stadium, like you would see on TV. At least that's naturally what it sounds like. So first I just want to confirm that's what it means.

Secondly, does that mean that the camera will always be right there, set behind home plate? Or will it be like last year where the view goes down the first or third base lines if the ball is hit to the left or right side?

I don't think the question I asked is too confusing, so if it is I'll clear it up. I just want to know basically if we are getting one broadcast camera this year, not three.
We don't get team specific Fielding camera only hitting and pitching. But it looks like the camera has been adjusted. I was asking for confirmation from DMB.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:50 PM   #20
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer

Team Specific Broadcast cam refers to the Pitching/Hitting camera and where they are positioned when watching a game on TV. So every team will have their exact camera placement in the outfield (when pitching or hitting for those that hit that way) to reflect that positioning of the real life broadcast.

The Broadcast Fielding Camera I believe was getting some work done to tweak it based on last years feedback.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:59 PM   #21
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

OVR: 20

Disappointed with only one thing and thats no rain delays.
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2011, 02:01 PM   #22
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Oh, whoops heh.

Then I'm hoping there's an option to keep it centered in the stadium (like you see it in the replays), that was my biggest complaint. The second one would be the height (too low). Keeping fingers crossed!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-08-2011, 02:01 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 5

[quote=dmbfan1970;2042011628]Feel free to ask me any questions about the game. I won’t be able to help those who want to know about batting gloves, colors, scoreboards, stadiums, walk-ups, stances, nuances, etc, etc because I’m just not that in tune with it. Sure, I love detail but I don’t know how its changed so please don’t ask.

Hi... can you advise what new stat overlays are in place? say you're the pitcher... the opponent batter walks into the batter box... stats appear? things like 0-3 today? batting avg. vs right handers, vs left handers? last at bat made an out on what pitch?
Old 01-08-2011, 02:04 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Yes, there IS rain. I seen it I do have one small clip of it but don’t know how it turned out. There are no rain delays (next year!).
No rain delays ? did you get a confirmation from Russell or it just that it rained but not enough to stop the game ? was it affecting gameplay in a certain way ? how about grass/dust texture change during and after rain ?

thank you very much for your detailed review !!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »