Home

MLB 11 The Show Video: Ramone Russell Interview - Some Rangers @ Yankees Footage

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Video: Ramone Russell Interview - Some Rangers @ Yankees Footage within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2011, 11:52 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: New CES Video: Featuring some Yankees Footage

Damn CC looks pregnant lol
Old 01-13-2011, 12:00 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 13
Re: New CES Video: Featuring some Yankees Footage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing808s
Damn CC looks pregnant lol
He is haha
Old 01-13-2011, 12:27 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 15
A lot of the other questions have been asked so I'll just ask this small one.

Did you guys add more facial expressions and does the glove finally close when someone has the ball?
Old 01-13-2011, 07:05 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 12
I disagree with Ramone's comments about a 9 pitch out ab being better than a 1 pitch hr. How can a 1 pitch hr not be a good ab? The whole idea is to score more runs than the opposition isn't it? I'm well aware that a long ab can wear the pither down but that doesn't necessary equal runs.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:58 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 46
Re: MLB 11 The Show Video: Ramone Russell Interview - Some Rangers @ Yankees Footage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalsanto0026
I disagree with Ramone's comments about a 9 pitch out ab being better than a 1 pitch hr. How can a 1 pitch hr not be a good ab? The whole idea is to score more runs than the opposition isn't it? I'm well aware that a long ab can wear the pither down but that doesn't necessary equal runs.

agreed.
I dont and will not play RTTS in 10, because the mode does not interest me, but hearing that you'll get punished for hitting a HR [if thats in fact what happens], I definitely wont play it now if i ever decide to pick up 11.

Unless of course, its SCEA's tribute to Billy Martin calling for Reggie to bunt, and Jackson swinging away. Then them almost coming to blows.

I can see it now, A cut scene after you hit one out to win the game and the coach start getting in your grill for not taking 9 pitches all the while a stat overlay mentioning it was his 38th HR of the year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2011, 09:51 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: MLB 11 The Show Video: Ramone Russell Interview - Some Rangers @ Yankees Footage

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
agreed.
I dont and will not play RTTS in 10, because the mode does not interest me, but hearing that you'll get punished for hitting a HR [if thats in fact what happens], I definitely wont play it now if i ever decide to pick up 11.

Unless of course, its SCEA's tribute to Billy Martin calling for Reggie to bunt, and Jackson swinging away. Then them almost coming to blows.

I can see it now, A cut scene after you hit one out to win the game and the coach start getting in your grill for not taking 9 pitches all the while a stat overlay mentioning it was his 38th HR of the year.
That would make me want to swing my bat at the coach.

Last edited by Dalsanto0026; 01-13-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:05 AM   #23
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

I think you guys are misunderstanding a little about what Russell was talking about. There have been some screens shown for RTTS '11 and I'm pretty sure I've seen both a 1-pitch double and 1-pitch HR labeled as "Good" at-bats. I believe what they're doing is stressing the process more than the result. This makes sense when you think about players developing in the minors. Becoming more selective at the plate and showing the ability to make a pitcher work can mean more to a minor league coach than whether or not the guy got a hit.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:12 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink4ever
I think you guys are misunderstanding a little about what Russell was talking about. There have been some screens shown for RTTS '11 and I'm pretty sure I've seen both a 1-pitch double and 1-pitch HR labeled as "Good" at-bats. I believe what they're doing is stressing the process more than the result. This makes sense when you think about players developing in the minors. Becoming more selective at the plate and showing the ability to make a pitcher work can mean more to a minor league coach than whether or not the guy got a hit.

thanks a lot sink, you had to go and spoil it with logic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »