Home

Fight Night Champion Blog: A Quick Look at Gameplay with Video

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Blog: A Quick Look at Gameplay with Video within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2011, 08:58 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Fight Night Champion Blog: A Quick Look at Gameplay with Video

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Producer Jazz Brousseau spent some time illustrating some of the new gameplay aspects you can expect to see in Fight Night Champion. In this video, he gives the rundown of the action. The difficulty is set to GOAT with sim presentation settings. Check out the fight, as he (Hagler) throws down with Hearns.

Quote:
"Things are crazy here right now, so I’m just going to cut to the chase. I jumped into one of our game capture studios this week to try and grab some gameplay clips you guys have been asking for since we put out all our videos.

In the fight you are seeing here, I am fighting Hearns (CPU) as Hagler in a 12-round fight on GOAT difficulty with the presentation style set to Simulation and commentary audio off.

As you can see, my play style is pretty conservative, especially in the early rounds. Even though Hagler has a great chin, I don’t like exchanging punches and prefer to lead with my jab so I can open up my opponent for power hooks. Very rarely do I throw more than 3-4 punches in a row and, when I do, it’s either because I’m trying to steal the round or because I think Hearns is hurting.

I try to keep to this strategy even when my opponent is stunned - there is nothing worse than going to town on someone just to have them come out of the stun state and force me to retreat. Other than my jabs and straights, I also don’t throw finesse punches that often. I know Hagler has a lot of power, so if I’m throwing lunging hooks and uppercuts, there’s a good chance they’re power punches.

You may notice that, after Hearns caught me with a minor stun, I moved to the middle of the ring. I wanted to hit him with some lunging power punches. The first hook didn’t quite connect, so I stepped back and tried again. Game over."

Source - A Quick Look at Gameplay (FNC Blog)
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2011, 11:39 PM   #2
Rookie

milin's Arena

OVR: 2
No flicker jab for Hearns = me disappointed . It looks great thought.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:07 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Re: Fight Night Champion Blog: A Quick Look at Gameplay with Video

Looks good. You can tell that the punches are more "loose" this time around. You can throw combos more realistically it looks like.

Didn't see the crazy counter window either, just straight knock outs
Old 01-15-2011, 12:44 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

This video was one of the better ones I have seen. Hype meter up +10. I noticed that Hagler was being the aggressor and his overall stamina was taking a hit. I liked the fact when Hearns got hurt there was no slow motion effect, which made hard to land killer shots in R4.

The final knockout at then end of the video was almost exactly similar to Sergio Martinez KO'ing Paul Williams
Old 01-15-2011, 12:57 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 12

LMAO, Hearns went down like a sack of potatoes.

All you heard was two thuds. One from fist to face, the other from butt to canvas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
This video was one of the better ones I have seen. Hype meter up +10. I noticed that Hagler was being the aggressor and his overall stamina was taking a hit. I liked the fact when Hearns got hurt there was no slow motion effect, which made hard to land killer shots in R4.

The final knockout at then end of the video was almost exactly similar to Sergio Martinez KO'ing Paul Williams
Very true. Not everyone who gets stunned go into turtle mode. Some, hell, most dudes run like somebody was telling on them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2011, 01:21 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 30
Hearns getting stunned without the "dramatics" of previous FNs was refreshing and so was that effin' knock out!!! Woooo, I had to look at that a few times. I don't recall if FN4 has knockouts like that. Haven't played it in a long time but Hearns just DROPPED with a QUICKNESS! Nice! I am a lot more excited about this one.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:39 AM   #7
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage

This is probably the best video yet. Footwork isn't perfect but it looks better than FN4. Hagler was able to get in and out of range quickly.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:52 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

The punches looks like they got some snap now. The jab looks good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »