Home

Fight Night Champion Blog: A Quick Look at Gameplay with Video

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Blog: A Quick Look at Gameplay with Video within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2011, 03:30 AM   #9
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
Very nice! I like the fact that the punches have that "oomph" feeling to it. You can actually feel the impact and damage of each blow.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:54 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 33
It seems that EA have got the sweet science spot on in this version of Fight Night. The boxers movement seems so natural & they look awesome. Excellent stuff.

The one area I expect this game to disappoint is the presentation. Part of the excitement of a big fight match-up is the pre fight hype. Other than the pre scripted Story Mode it doesn't seem EA have done much to address this. Even a simple one off Play Now fight should be accompanied by some pre fight sequences such as video of the weigh-in & pre fight predictions.
I'm sure it was with good reason the commentary was switched off in the video.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:52 AM   #11
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

OVR: 8
Different game, same stuff. Don't even try to say the movement has improved because it hasn't. Neither of those two are rushing but that same gallop is there. If I could vote I'd give it a 1/10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2011, 09:49 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Fight Night Champion Blog: A Quick Look at Gameplay with Video

That was...impressive...

Not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but the punch animations (specifically the jab) look much more organic and actually have snap to them...The flow of the fight also felt natural as opposed to the sockem bopper crap we were used to getting these last 7 years...At the very least now i know i'll have a pretty good boxing experience playing offline...

The negatives i got from the video, the sound effects sound like something you'd hear in a Disney movie...Maybe its just me but everything sounds extra squeaky and the crowd is dead as usual...They also didn't do anything about the footwork...Boxers are still sliding around like they're on ice skates with no weight applied whatsoever...

That's all i got from that video, for the first time i can say i'm interested enough to actually download the demo...
Old 01-15-2011, 03:11 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
This is probably the best video yet. Footwork isn't perfect but it looks better than FN4. Hagler was able to get in and out of range quickly.
Totally agree --- best video yet. I mean, I could still give you a long list of animations I'd like to see added to make the fighters look less stiff and move more realistically, but the gameplay improvements are clear. This fight plays out strategically and dramatically... and the KO looks good. If they nail the gameplay, there's a lot of missing stuff I can forgive. And this video is starting to make me think they got the gameplay right.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:32 PM   #14
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic
Totally agree --- best video yet. I mean, I could still give you a long list of animations I'd like to see added to make the fighters look less stiff and move more realistically, but the gameplay improvements are clear. This fight plays out strategically and dramatically... and the KO looks good. If they nail the gameplay, there's a lot of missing stuff I can forgive. And this video is starting to make me think they got the gameplay right.
I agree, I think I'm back on board for this one after selling 4 very quickly.

I know phobia mentioned some camera options and they're needed, I'd like to see the boots and have less head-room. It's unnecessary to have that much wasted space above their heads - I'd rather see the feet.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:17 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Great vid. Did anyone notice punching from the guard position? I didn't see it myself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2011, 11:30 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 12

starting to like what I see....but why does hearns have to be so "thick" wheres this guy???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Leonard-Hearns.jpg (31.3 KB, 126 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »