Home

Madden NFL Creative Director, Ian Cummings Interview (Maddenbible)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL Creative Director, Ian Cummings Interview (Maddenbible) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2011, 03:38 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Madden NFL Creative Director, Ian Cummings Interview (Maddenbible)

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
Hmmm bustin out some six string.
SO we should see one of your original tracks in Madden 14?

'the ballad of eli'.

Let's see...Each minute would be one year in Eli's career.

It would have to start out a generic but promising chord progression for the first 2 minutes, begin to get tediously angering the next 2, the 5th minute should have a nice long solo ending in a luck-driven legato run hitting a huge (I'm talking 2 or 3 steps) bend to finish it, then perhaps fade back into a minor scale to cause uncertainty in the legitimacy of the miracle solo that previously occured.

*NOT BASHING IAN'S GUITAR PROWESS, JUST THE SUBJECT OF HIS SONG*

I'm a musician as well and diehard Eagle fan, so I don't particularly share the same views. I agree Ian should record something. Just maybe not an Eli song.

Last edited by RedZoneD25; 01-15-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:48 PM   #18
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ

It would have to start out a generic but promising chord progression for the first 2 minutes, begin to get tediously angering the next 2, the 5th minute should have a nice long solo ending in a luck-driven legato run hitting a huge (I'm talking 2 or 3 steps) bend to finish it, then perhaps fade back into a minor scale to cause uncertainty in the legitimacy of the miracle solo that previously occured.

*NOT BASHING IAN'S GUITAR PROWESS, JUST THE SUBJECT OF HIS SONG*

I'm a musician as well and diehard Eagle fan, so I don't particularly share the same views. I agree Ian should record something. Just maybe not an Eli song.
Makes you wonder how a favre song would sound... also jesus and ian are both builders and both have a very bipolar following.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:49 PM   #19
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Ian love the interview you did and thanks so much for info you given us. I'm hoping from what I here in this podcast might tell me that focus may turn more towards offline franchise mode then online franchise mode this coming year. I feel like online franchise mode is just to much of headache to get people to join and to keep it up and going all the time and hoping people want quit on it. Offline franchise mode is more fun and that is where the focus should be at more this coming year. But again thanks for the info and keep up the good work Ian.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:53 PM   #20
MVP

I agree with LK. I'm very excited for the potential of a new franchise mode experience. I live and die by that mode in every sports game I play, and I'd love nothing more to get lost in the depth of Madden again.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:48 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Ian love the interview you did and thanks so much for info you given us. I'm hoping from what I here in this podcast might tell me that focus may turn more towards offline franchise mode then online franchise mode this coming year. I feel like online franchise mode is just to much of headache to get people to join and to keep it up and going all the time and hoping people want quit on it. Offline franchise mode is more fun and that is where the focus should be at more this coming year. But again thanks for the info and keep up the good work Ian.
Quote:
I agree with LK. I'm very excited for the potential of a new franchise mode experience. I live and die by that mode in every sports game I play, and I'd love nothing more to get lost in the depth of Madden again.
whoa whoa whoa whoa...easy boys...some of us actually have a ton of fun with OF, I've been running a 32 team league on Ps3 since July of 2010. Quick plug...www.theuflonline.com..

Not sure what you mean by "shift focus" as there was almost zero focus on OF from M10's OF to M11's save for a few bugs. Would really like to see some work put in to OF, as well as offline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2011, 02:10 AM   #22
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:

I would pay a significant amount of money to listen to this.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:15 AM   #23
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

ok , to people abbreviate online franchise as OF...offline starts as the same friggin letter. we have no clue what you're talkin' about lol
Old 01-16-2011, 08:35 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0
offline is getting some love.... sweet. we all can't afford internet

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »