Home

MLB 2K11 Game Features (360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP, DS, PC)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Game Features (360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP, DS, PC) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2011, 06:59 PM   #1
dare i say...en fuego?

BravesBoy's Arena

OVR: 14
MLB 2K11 Game Features (360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP, DS, PC)

360, PS3, PC

Dynamic Player Ratings
Watch your favorite MLB® pitcher strike out the side in a real game, then watch his stats improve in your game. Dynamic Player Ratings update daily in MLB® Today, Franchise, and My Player.

Revamped Fielding System
Completely revamped fielding system, featuring improved AI, throwing meters and landing indicators to give you more control to run down a fly ball or make the play at the plate.

My Player mode
Guide your player through the Minor Leagues™ and into the history books with an improved My Player mode.

MLB Today
Stay up-to-date on the latest happenings in Major League Baseball®, with timely play-by-play commentary and stat overlays pulled from real life news and box scores.

Total Control Pitching & Hitting
The battle at the plate comes to life in the palms of your hands. Paint the corners with pinpoint accuracy on the mound, and then fight off nasty sliders until you get the pitch you’re looking for at the plate.

New player models
Amazing attention to detail captures every intricacy of the game. Enjoy completely rebuilt player models for Major League™ authenticity like never before.

Wii

Mini-Diamond
An all-new multiplayer mode set in wild venues, from a low gravity Space ballpark to a zany Circus environment. Get ready to experience fast-paced, Mini-Diamond baseball.

The battle at the plate comes to life with your Wii™ Remote and Nunchuk. With the flick of your wrist, paint the corners with pinpoint accuracy on the mound and then fight off nasty sliders until you get the pitch you’re looking for at the plate.

Home Run Derby®
Swing your Wii™ Remote for the fences against the league’s top sluggers.

Franchise
Build a championship team from the ground up over the course of several seasons, or take the reins of a perennial contender and aim for the World Series® in year one.

Tournament
Pick the teams, pick the series length and then play ball. May the best team win.

PS2

Franchise & Season
Build a championship franchise from the ground up over the course of several seasons, or take the reins of a perennial contender and aim for the World Series® in year one.

Play Online
Take your skills online and play against the best gamers in the 2K Sports community.

Home Run Derby®
Swing for the fences against the league’s top sluggers.

Manager Showdown
Think you’re a master baseball strategist? Prove it by setting your lineup, naming your starting pitcher and making all the right moves to guide your team to victory.

Situation Mode
Choose a custom situation and jump to that exact moment of the game.

PSP

Franchise & Season
Build a championship franchise from the ground up over the course of several seasons, or take the reins of a perennial contender and aim for the World Series® in year one.

Home Run Derby®
Swing for the fences against the league’s top sluggers. Play a quick head-to-head duel, or challenge them all in a tournament.

The Farm

Take a trip down to the Minor Leagues to play with future All-Stars.

Manager Showdown
Think you’re a master baseball strategist? Prove it by setting your lineup, naming your starting pitcher and making all the right moves to guide your team to victory.

DS

The battle at the plate comes to life in the palms of your hands. Paint the corners with pinpoint accuracy on the mound, and then fight off nasty sliders until you get the pitch you’re looking for at the plate.

Season & Postseason Modes
Choose between the marathon of a 162-game Season, or the sprint of the Postseason.

Unlockable Player Cards
Over 250 baseball cards to unlock as you go.
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2011, 07:59 PM   #2
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 2k11 Features List

Well I'm certainly glad their attention is strictly focused on improving the game they have set in stone. No gimmicky modes, no heavy online attention, and hopefully nothing to hiccup the framerate or make this game melt in our console. This is the MLB 2K10 that should have been... let's hope.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-19-2011, 08:00 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 36

The feature list doesn't blow me away, so hopefully that means that they spent most of their time working on the gameplay and other areas of the game.

FLY EAGLES FLY

Old 01-19-2011, 08:17 PM   #4
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

"....paint the corners with pinpoint accuracy..."

I really hope they give us a pitching accuracy or difficulty slider. I can pinpoint pitches with Carlos Marmol (and I re-rated him to give him 30's control), that's something I wish not to be able to do.

I like the revamped fielding point, where they made a point to say that we now have control.

It's only a features list though, so it's not like it's going to sway me one way or another.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:20 PM   #5
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
"....paint the corners with pinpoint accuracy..."

I really hope they give us a pitching accuracy or difficulty slider. I can pinpoint pitches with Carlos Marmol (and I re-rated him to give him 30's control), that's something I wish not to be able to do.

I like the revamped fielding point, where they made a point to say that we now have control.

It's only a features list though, so it's not like it's going to sway me one way or another.
I desperately want a pitching accuracy slider too. Hopefully they will make it harder to hit your spots this year.

I like the revamped fielding and I really like the dynamic player ratings. I've been waiting for a game to finally let you update player ratings AFTER you start a dynasty/franchise. Many games constantly update player rosters but what good is it for the offline guy that's already started a franchise? This finally solves that problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2011, 08:21 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Here we go with the pinpoint accuracy talk. I really hope they have added a pitch variable slider to make pitching a little more challenging.

I'm wondering if home run derby is still in.

Dynamic Player Ratings. 2k does it again. Kudos to them

Sent from my FRESH EVO 3.5 via tapatalk
Old 01-19-2011, 08:35 PM   #7
The Champ Is Here

Doormat's Arena

OVR: 27

Do gotta say
Quote:
Dynamic Player Ratings
Watch your favorite MLB pitcher strike out the side in a real game, then watch his stats improve in your game. Dynamic Player Ratings update in real-time through ALL game modes, including MLB Today, Franchise and My Player.
That kinda did make me feel better about this game and the new Player Models and animations ..
Old 01-19-2011, 09:02 PM   #8
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Focusing on the fundementals is cool...but it looks like ronnie wrote that up this morning. Be cool to see a little more detail?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »