Home

NBA 2K11 Patch Further Delayed (PC)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Patch Further Delayed (PC) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2011, 05:27 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA 2K11 Patch Further Delayed (PC)

2K Sports has just released the reasoning behind the further delayed NBA 2K11 PC patch. Check out what Ronnie had to say.

Quote:
"Hey guys,

Sorry to report (and thank you so much for those understanding in the delay, the long arduous process that it is to get a PC Patch approved) that a crash was detected in the disc version of the patch that will further delay the release of the PC Patch. Thankfully, because it looks isolated to the disk version, we will likely not have to go through the process of resubmitting to each of the DD's and this should only go through the fix and QA process.

Remember, we can't release a patch without 99% of where users get the game (across DD's, disc versions, etc.) having approved the patch. If we did, everyone else who didn't have the patch would crash because of backwards compatibility issues (old versions would crash on existence of new version). Obviously, people who bought the disk represent a good portion of people with the game so we can't do that until it's ready.

I am sorry about this. But I am also trying my best to be honest with you guys so you get an understanding of the depth of this process. I tell you that we've finished it when we have because that's the truth. I am hoping it gives you some background to our business, something other companies won't do. I will continue to keep you posted on Twitter and the forums."
Platform: PC
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2011, 05:43 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2K11 Patch Further Delayed (PC)

thus ensuring I will never purchase another 2k Sports PC product again
Old 01-19-2011, 05:49 PM   #3
Pro

ThaShark28_316's Arena

OVR: 10
they struggled with the patch last yr for pc (i had it last year)....so it's sad that they still can't shake this issue.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:23 PM   #4
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

I've got it on the 360 and PC....and it's definitely the last season I'll be buying the PC version.

Patches are just way, way too slow. Five months is just not worth bothering with...they are best off not even releasing one after that long.

No boxing out on rebounds, stuttering, online is terrible...all my mid game saves are crashing now.

And there's no real word on what the PC patch will do / won't do anyway.

I know it was cheaper than the other versions, but it's at the point where it's kind of ridiculous how poor the post release support has been.

I'll be buying the 360 version solely from now on. I appreciate their honesty, but the same thing happened last season with the PC version. Once is understandable...twice just looks like you don't know what you're doing.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:41 PM   #5
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

I'm still buying the game...i just need my courts and players to be accurate...mod ftw
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2011, 12:54 AM   #6
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by nccomicfan
thus ensuring I will never purchase another 2k Sports PC product again
This is B**** S***!

I want my money back.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:16 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I can accept the total lack of support or online modes because the pc version is much cheaper than the consoles' one.
I cannot accept their behavior (excuses for delaying the patch, vague timeline etc). 2k is trying to kill pc gaming, see what they do with Bioshock 2. Well, we have modding communities whereas your beloved consoles have... whatever.
Some OS administrator will probably delete this thread, they cannot accept >1 pc related per year.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:27 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 13

the last 2k nba that 2k ever makes on pc will be a cult classic for years to come. i will continue to support them for as long as they make it on pc because of the editability. guys will be on here crying when there is no pc game at all, go read choop threads-

fortunately, we have reditor, and other tools to edit on pc.

also

for $30, you cant beat the price. great game as is for the price.

Still, it is keystone cops when it comes to their patching for pc, and their excuses are lame.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »