Home

MX vs. ATV Alive Announced, Fact Sheet, Screenshots and Trailer

This is a discussion on MX vs. ATV Alive Announced, Fact Sheet, Screenshots and Trailer within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2011, 12:15 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
MX vs. ATV Alive Announced, Fact Sheet, Screenshots and Trailer

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Check out all the screenshots, right here.

MX VS. ATV® ALIVETM BREAKING NEW GROUND
IN OFF-ROAD RACING AND DIGITAL CONTENT DISTRIBUTION

Most Authentic, Accessible Experience in 10 Million Unit-Selling Series’ History

AGOURA HILLS, Calif. January 19, 2011 -- THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) today announced MX vs. ATV® AliveTM, the next groundbreaking installment in the 10 million unit-selling franchise, is scheduled for release on the Xbox 360® video game entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system for a suggested retail price of $39.99. Featuring an enhanced physics engine and the most authentic motocross racing experience to date, MX vs. ATV Alive will be supported by an unprecedented digital content distribution strategy upon its scheduled launch in May 2011.

“With innovative technological advances and an unparalleled variety of content, the MX vs. ATV franchise has always led the pack in the off-road racing genre,” said Danny Bilson, THQ Executive Vice President of Core Games. “This year, MX vs. ATV Alive is bringing fans the features they asked for, along with a robust content distribution strategy that offers a great new way for gamers to specialize their experience.”

“MX vs. ATV Alive introduces a new Bar-to-Bar gameplay mechanic that allows players to physically fight for the lead by going elbow-to-elbow and banging handlebars,” said Michael Lustenberger, THQ Vice President of Global Brand Management Online/Digital. “Combined with the smoother controls and refined terrain deformation, the intense rider collision will make this the most realistic and accessible motocross game yet.”

About MX vs. ATV Alive
MX vs. ATV Alive will take THQ’s leading original franchise to exhilarating new heights with Bar-to-Bar racing, enhanced physics and the next step in downloadable content distribution. The new Bar-to-Bar racing mechanic allows for increased physical contact between riders so players can battle for position on the track like never before, creating the most intense, realistic racing experience yet. Featuring an advanced version of the franchise’s celebrated physics engine, MX vs. ATV Alive will deliver refined terrain deformation and smooth, intuitive controls that will appeal to newcomers and hardcore fans alike. MX vs. ATV Alive will also employ an “a la carte” method of digital content distribution that allows players to pay for only what they want to play. And for the first time in the series’ history, MX vs. ATV Alive will feature a prominent motocross athlete on the cover and in a variety of in-game videos: two-time AMA Supercross Champion James Stewart. MX vs. ATV Alive will deliver the ultimate motocross racing experience when it releases on Xbox 360 and PlayStation3 for a suggested retail price of $39.99 on its scheduled launch in May 2011. For more information on MX vs. ATV Alive, please go to http://www.mxvsatv.com.

Platform:
Xbox 360 & PS3

Release Date:
05/10/2010

Genre:
Racing

Age Rating:
T

OVERVIEW

Feel it! Own it!

Own the competition as you wrestle for position with tightly contested racing in the fifth iteration of the MX vs ATV franchise. Feel the realism of the revolutionary real-world physics engine which has defined the racing genre. Live the sport as Alive captures the spectacle of motocross and the essence of competitive racing while providing the best riders and gear from the latest manufacturers.

THE ULTIMATE MOTOCROSS RACING EXPERIENCE

GAME INFORMATION

Definitive Realism
  • Experience total control of both rider and bike with easier controls as part of the enhanced Rider Reflex
  • An advanced real-time deformation continuously changes the track beneath you with every lap
  • Wreck-avoidance lets you correct collisions and landings to race like a pro
Elbow-to-elbow Action
  • Go bar-to-bar with in-your-face motocross racing
  • Rider-to-Rider collisions and win/loss conditions through a new bar banging system
Awe-inspiring Sports Experience
  • Real riders, real gear, and real licensors to be announced
  • Vehicles to be announced
Event Types
  • Compete in the Nationals and claim the Motocross Championship title
  • Additional event types to be announced
Multiplayer
  • To Be Announced
DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT - DLC DETAILS

MX vs ATV Alive delivers the best motocross racing game yet. With respect to game play, Alive builds upon the franchise's physics engine to deliver an enhanced racing experience in MX vs ATV Alive that is easier to play at a lower price.

Alive approaches features such as modes and tracks in an all-new way... you choose the game you want to play! Alive will initially offer the most popular modes and if you want to add even more of a particular mode, you can do so through downloadable content. You make the choice of what is in your game!

Splitting out the initial game from the downloadable content allows MX vs ATV Alive to be released sooner to you!
Extensive downloadable will be available after launch. A dedicated online store going live on the first day of launch will consist of rider gear, tracks, modes, etc. More information will be revealed soon!

Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2011, 04:43 AM   #2
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MX vs. ATV Alive Announced, Fact Sheet, Screenshots and Trailer

That trailer does absolutely nothing for anybody, but the screenshots look decent. Unfortunately Reflex suffered from some poor shading resolution and texturing.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 01-20-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:15 AM   #3
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm really looking forward to this game. Reflex would have been almost perfect if not for the very poor collision detection and a few other issues. They have said that problem is going to be fixed in this game.

Not at all impressed with the trailer, but will reserve my judgement for when I see some game play footage.

I've been playing Motocross games since Motocross Madness on the PC. I've been waiting for a realistic Motocross game. I hope they fixed the issues that plagued Reflex, if so this game could be what we motocross fans have been waiting for. We'll see.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:28 PM   #4
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

At 1:00am eastern time Friday the 28th on Game Trailer TV, G4 network in my area, they are going to show the first game play footage of MX vs ATV Alive.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:18 PM   #5
The Bird is the word

Bighoff's Arena

OVR: 19

This sounds really cool, I like Reflex and the chance to race against a full heat of real people will be awesome.
I've heard this "patience is a virtue" junk all my life. I'm happy to say I have no virtue, no scruples, and no desire to wait too long for anything. In my humble opinion instant gratification takes too long!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2011, 09:13 AM   #6
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

Game footage from GT TV last night.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:58 AM   #7
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Doesn't seem too interesting. I haven't found out the point of hitting yet since you can pretty much go lateral and still stay on your bike. Hopefully this wasn't the only "big improvement" they've made.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »