Home

MLB 2K11 Hands-On Preview with New Screenshots (IGN)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Hands-On Preview with New Screenshots (IGN) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2011, 05:51 AM   #25
#ITFDB

sbmnky's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: MLB 2K11 Hands-On Preview with New Screenshots (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
I like the idea of a "average pitch per AB stat" maybe this will cure aggressive AI...
I read the writeup and I'm not clear on what this means exactly. How is this going to impact game play other than displaying a stat? Is it going to act as a slider? What does the author mean by "if balanced right"?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2011, 05:55 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbmnky
I read the writeup and I'm not clear on what this means exactly. How is this going to impact game play other than displaying a stat? Is it going to act as a slider? What does the author mean by "if balanced right"?
It's pretty simple man.....Like Vladimir Guerrero does not take a lot of pitches so you can pitch outside of strike zone and he will swing at it.......So that stat tell's you is that you can go right at him....But Albert Pujols takes pitches that are not in the strike zone so when you pitch to him you have to be careful.........OK
Old 01-21-2011, 06:28 AM   #27
Rookie

dolemint's Arena

A lot of good info in there to make me hopeful.

Regarding FIELDING, last year there was really no penalty to having a good offensive guy playing any position you want. Hopefully the outfielder circle is somehow incorporated into the infielder's range. Of course lack of errors was a huge screw up, so it's nice to see them focusing on new fielding mechanics with their PR.

What the guy says about PITCHING being the same could very well be true, but for now I'm taking it with a grain of salt. After all, did the article writer really play as many games as we did to master it last year? There could be subtle additions and improvements that a casual player wouldn't notice. Even I haven't played the game for a while so I wouldn't be able to tell right away. It could be wishful thinking, but you never know. It'd be hard to make that conclusion with a short play session.

Also, the stat for pitches the hitter takes could really improve pitching, depending if it's actually implemented or if it's just for show. Low pitch counts due to aggressive CPU hitters was certainly an issue in 2K10. It could also increase walks given up (CPU might not swing for balls in good counts as often).

All in all, good stuff.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:43 AM   #28
#ITFDB

sbmnky's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq
It's pretty simple man.....Like Vladimir Guerrero does not take a lot of pitches so you can pitch outside of strike zone and he will swing at it.......So that stat tell's you is that you can go right at him....But Albert Pujols takes pitches that are not in the strike zone so when you pitch to him you have to be careful.........OK
Oh, I see. So it's essentially a take plate patience and pitch location recognition.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:54 AM   #29
All Star

OVR: 35

I'm a big fan of fielding in baseball video games (a big part of what made MVP so great for me), so I'm glad to hear this news.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:18 AM   #30

OVR: 34

Nice to see VC adding their touch with the fielding circle and new stats to determine specific situations.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:32 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 29

Fielding was definatley awful in 2k10 as a Catcher in MP, catching fouls balls you'd swear your player was about to crap his pants running for the circle than out of nowhere the pitcher swoops in and catches it lol.

Its good news, but not exciting IMO Screenshots nice
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2011, 08:39 AM   #32
Banned

I hope they added homerun celebrations this time around........

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »