Home

FBGRatings Seeks to Recalibrate Madden Ratings, Change Game

This is a discussion on FBGRatings Seeks to Recalibrate Madden Ratings, Change Game within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2011, 11:22 AM   #17
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: FBGRatings Seeks to Recalibrate Madden Ratings, Change Game

i looked at the site, but dont see any detailed ratings.

i see an ovr rating but where are the other sub ratings?
am i missing something.

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 01-25-2011, 12:12 PM   #18
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
i looked at the site, but dont see any detailed ratings.

i see an ovr rating but where are the other sub ratings?
am i missing something.
You shouldn't be able to see any attributes yet because they have not been done yet LOL. When I got the site everything was blank, so I had to start from scratch. There are now 3 phases until completion for you to follow.

Phase 1: Update all basic info including team, Ht, Wt, DOB, College, Draft status, etc. This also includes raw attributes which constitute of SPD, AGI, ACC, STR, and JMP ratings. When a player is complete with Phase 1 they will receive their "Offseason" (O) status or "Ready" (R) status. All players with their last names beginning with A-E have this status. That is roughly 4000 players or 1/4 of all players on the site are at this phase. In light of the upcoming Super Bowl, check out these two player profiles:

Nick Collins: http://www.fbgratings.com/members/pr...php?pyid=53604
Ryan Clark: http://www.fbgratings.com/members/profile.php?pyid=327

In the lower right corner of their ratings "box" it says "New 2010 OVERALLS Coming Soon: O" That indicates that both of these players have the Offseason status and are ready for Phase 2.

Phase 2: All players will be given "Training Camp" (T) status. This will be done in late July, 2011 and will include updated OVR ratings and all other individual attributes. This is where the most progress will be made.

Phase 3: All players will be given "Week 1" (W1) status for the 2011 regular season opener. All players will be on correct teams with updated OVR ratings and attributes. Players will then be updated again in weeks 4, 8, 12, and 16.

As you can see once the first 2 phases are complete, it gets really simple.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 01-25-2011, 12:40 PM   #19
Pro

I run an online football text simulation game, http://deeproute.com

I wonder if I can use these ratings to help balance the current generic players. Would be pretty slick.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:42 PM   #20
Pro

If you FBGRatings can post distributions of data, distributions of the ratings, I will use those ratings for the online text football sim.

I am always looking for more data. This would be awesome, and you could see the data play out in the games.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:46 PM   #21
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by notque
I run an online football text simulation game, http://deeproute.com

I wonder if I can use these ratings to help balance the current generic players. Would be pretty slick.
You can use them however you like, but after looking at your attribute descriptions both systems will not be fully compatible with one another.
NFL Scout

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2011, 12:48 PM   #22
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20
Nice work, but as has been said, this game needs more than just ratings to fix madden in it's current state. NCAA's player momentum/interactions are head and shoulders above madden and that ruins the game for me. Madden just looks "weird" while NCAA is coming close to simulating realistic player movements.

That said, your site may influence Donny a bit and that could be good for the game so all is not lost.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:49 PM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
You can use them however you like, but after looking at your attribute descriptions both systems will not be fully compatible with one another.
Right, you are Madden centric, so there are some attribute descriptions that aren't compatible, but it isn't that far off.

There are much larger problems on my end I'd have to worry about, like the fact we use a 0-100 scale, and Madden for the most part doesn't (that I've seen.)

So we actually have a lot more players on the low end of the scale. How are you doing distributions like that?
Old 01-25-2011, 12:49 PM   #24
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by notque
If you FBGRatings can post distributions of data, distributions of the ratings, I will use those ratings for the online text football sim.

I am always looking for more data. This would be awesome, and you could see the data play out in the games.
You are more than welcome to use what you find on the site, but the actual distributions and rating formulas are not on the site. A magician never reveals the secrets to his tricks.
NFL Scout

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »