Home

Fight Night Champion Demo Gameplay Videos, Including Online

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Demo Gameplay Videos, Including Online within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 08:32 AM   #9

OVR: 34
Re: Fight Night Champion Demo Impressions

By the looks of this video, the punches landed/thrown are far too high, but you can't govern that when a user is controlling a fighter. What you can do is make them pay for it by dropping the stamina. We don't know though what this would look like through 10 rounds.

The punches look excellent. I'm also surprised with the footwork. In no way does that look like the slowness some of the previews showed us. It still seems lateral only but it does look quicker than FN4 for sure.

Just on the above video alone, I like it. It would be nice to see things slow down some but again, that's all up to the user.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:48 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Things I learned:

1. Footwork looks a lot better than I thought it would. Manny was able to get in out and out quite easily. Very nice.
2. The jab looks great. It was hard and stiff. But until I see someone use a fighter with a great jab (ala Ali or Liston) I have no idea how effective they're going to be.
3. Crosses still lack pop. At one point, Manny delivered a beautiful left-cross but it didn't appear to have any pop or reaction to it.
4. DA_GREAT_10_MORE is a needy gamer who should learn to send one message and wait for a response instead of spamming his friends.

Overall, I liked what I saw. With the right sliders (hopefully) we'll be able to adjust stamina, accuracy and power to get a realistic setting.
Like others have said, there are too many flush punches landing without much affect.
There needs to be more of a cause-and-affect when letting your hands go.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:04 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Things I learned:

4. DA_GREAT_10_MORE is a needy gamer who should learn to send one message and wait for a response instead of spamming his friends.
lol..for sure.

Just noticing some presentation things. We should give credit to EA for adding the ref. A lot of us have been asking for it and it looks pretty good. I also noticed they added some cluster animations of fans cheering. It's generic but adds a background. I don't like how the corner looks. Still very weird how they cheer, just not realistic looking but I'm nit picking now. The fight itself doesn't have a BIG feel to it. It just doesn't say, "Main Event."

I love commentary, so I'm going to expect and desire a lot. It's hard hearing the same things Joe and Teddy say all over again. I did notice some new stuff, so that's good. I just think though that they add to the dullness feel. It could all definitely use more umph.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:08 AM   #12

Here's another video from the same user highlighting an online match he had:

Old 01-28-2011, 10:15 AM   #13

Guys, not sure where to put this but the user that has this demo has multiple videos up. I'll link to his Youtube page:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RoughTacticsGaming
Old 01-28-2011, 10:45 AM   #14
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Like others have said, way too many big shots taken with no visual, physical effects. The punches LOOK great though.

This game is footwork, stamina & punching power away from being a good game. Are they still on a 2 year cycle?
Old 01-28-2011, 11:33 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Too many punches. Although you don't have to worry about styamina in a 3 round fight so you can just do the windmill.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:40 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 12

at least there weren't all flash ko's like the ign article. these guys are trading some bombs and still able to fight on.....
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »