Home

Fight Night Champion Demo Gameplay Videos, Including Online

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Demo Gameplay Videos, Including Online within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 11:49 AM   #17
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Fight Night Champion Demo Impressions

I love how Cotto pays the price for doing a lunging uppercut right before the first knockdown. Man this game looks so fun...I cannot wait till Tue. Stamina seems off, and yeah these dudes are taken too many shots, I just really hope we can use custom sliders for unranked online matches....that would be soo awesome.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:58 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Going to watch the video right now and give you guys some impressions of this video compared to what we played at Community day
Old 01-28-2011, 01:21 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Alright lets get down to business.

1) First off. Punch accuracy is way to on point compared to community day. I told Mike that the punch accuracy was slightly to loose that it could be tightened up some but they will have to be careful with this because it is a slippery slope. With Punch accuracy being so high more punches land which equal to a much slower stamina drop because less are missing.

Punch accuracy needs to miss much more which would result in more missed punches and if everyone remember missed punches remove large chunks of stamina, so punching yourself out is a danger and you can't just wail wildly like they are in these videos.

So this one single tuning of punch accuracy being tuned to accurate equals to many problems from a gameplay stand point. I will be e-mailing brizzo a detailed list on this problem.

2) Next up is actually a positive. The foot speed is increased WAYYY faster than community day. At least doubled in speed for sure. Makes a hell of improvement just in the condition it is in now. They loosen it up even more so floating around the ring would be easier and footwork would be great.

3) Lastly, everything else seemed pretty much like the community day build. The biggest change and its a big downer is the punch accuracy. Now it is tough to judge it based on not having the game in hand. The guy playing Pac was not using a lot of head movement and he was also not working the jab getting in and then getting out. He choose to stand and just wail so of course the connect percentage will be higher.

I think the game still looks stellar but even with that said I am really disappointed the punch accuracy has been tweaked to be as accurate as it is now. This will kill stamina management and allow people to just wail BECAUSE they are still connecting!!!

Last edited by Phobia; 01-28-2011 at 02:11 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:24 PM   #20
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Alright lets get down to business.

1) First off. Punch accuracy is way to on point compared to community day. I told Mike that the punch accuracy was slightly to loose that it could be tightened up some but they will have to be careful with this because it is a slippery slope. With Punch accuracy being so high more punches land which equal to a much slower stamina drop because less are missing.

Punch accuracy needs to miss much more which would result in more missed punches and if everyone remember missed punches remove large chunks of stamina, so punching yourself out is a danger and you can't just wail wildly like they are in these videos.

So this one single tuning of punch accuracy being tuned to accurate equals to many problems from a gameplay stand point. I will be e-mailing brizzo a detailed list on this problem.

2) Next up is acutally a postive. The foot speed is increased WAYYY faster than community day. At least doubled in speed for sure. Makes a hell of improvement just in the condition it is in now. They loosen it up even more so floating around the ring would be easier and footwork would be great.

3) Lastly, everything else seemed pretty much like the community day build. The biggest change and its a big downer is the punch accuracy. Now it is tough to judge it based on not having the game in hand. The guy playing Pac was not using a lot of head movement and he was also not working the jab getting in and then getting out. He choose to stand and just wail so of course the connect percentage will be higher.

I think the game still looks stellar but even with that said I am really disappointed the punch accuracy has been tweaked to be as accurate as it is now. This will kill stamina management and allow people to just wail BECAUSE they are still connecting!!!
Well said. I think people all want the producers to tweak stamina, but really if they just lower connect rates we they can solve a lot of problems.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:38 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sva91
Well said. I think people all want the producers to tweak stamina, but really if they just lower connect rates we they can solve a lot of problems.
Joe Public likes high connect rates, rock 'em sock 'em matches. "The point of boxing is to hit people, not miss 70% of the time.....Blah blah blah...."

I hope EA stays the course and makes it as sim as the powers that be will let them.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

E-mail has been sent. I am sure this will be talked over heavily. Good thing is they can possibly tweak this before launch with a patch. They already said part of this online demo is to see changes that need to be made.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:47 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sva91
That is the only change that is needed. Lower punch accuracy and everything else falls into line.

More punches miss which equals to greater stamina loss
More punches miss equals to great emphasis on choosing your punches and exchanges
More punches miss then the punch exchanges feel more natural and realistic.
More punches miss and when a big punch does land it looks more realistic because they are not eating 10 heavy shots in a row
More punches miss so when a big punch lands that sends a opponent down it feels special and not like you just wailed on them till they finally fell down
Old 01-28-2011, 01:50 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

I'm really glad you can edit the real boxers now because Ali is made way too powerful.
And Tyson's handspeed is quicker than what I've seen in those vids (as well as in FNRd4).

The one thing I'd like to see the FN team do is have fighters automatically keep their hands up.

Watching smaller fighters like Tyson go to the body, their heads are ALWAYS wide open. How many clips have we seen (from FNRd4)where Mike gets tagged by Ali because Mike is doing what he should be doing and bombing Ali's basement. But because his hands are always down when throwing one punch, it's an easy punch for Ali to land.
Most fighters not named Roy Jones, almost always keep their hands by their chin when they're throwing punches.

They could tie stamina into this as well. In the first round, a fighter will keep his hands high no matter if you press block or not.
But maybe as the fight progresses, and the more tired you get, those hands start to dip.

Just a thought.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »