Home

Fight Night Champion Demo Gameplay Videos, Including Online

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Demo Gameplay Videos, Including Online within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 02:40 PM   #25
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Fight Night Champion Demo Impressions

yep the connect rates Ive been seeing are just ridiculous......As Phobia said it would probably help immensely to tune that thing down.........

I didn't think I would say this about a new feature for an EA game, but they need to turn the blood and swelling up a bit(Mainly swelling).......with some more punching power......

The thing about the power though...if you turn it up too much then you got Feather-fisted fighters punching above their ratings......Really what I want is Punch Cancellation/Interruption animations

The fighters in the demo are eating those things like candy and moving forward without any penalty to their Rhythm......but I bet they don't have any of those do they

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2011, 03:44 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Mike respond via E-mail about the Punch accuracy issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
Please keep a few things in mind…and be sure to remind our community…

- IF users feel the punch accuracy is too high they can tune it themselves in the game play settings screen. (not available in the demo)

- Punch accuracy actually gets worse when boxers are fatigued. Fatigue isn’t factoring into the demo very much/at all because its’ a three round fight.

That said, we’ll continue to monitor the forums and feedback…we also have telemetry which reports back the exact connect %’s from fights….if it’s too high we can decrease it in a live tuner set when the game launches
Old 01-28-2011, 03:52 PM   #27

OVR: 34

That's great. Thanks for doing that, Phobia. I noticed in the Cotto fight (online) he slows down quite a bit and his stamina is taking a hit. You can hear him breathing differently and see his punches move very slowly.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:05 PM   #28
MVP

Po Pimp's Arena

OVR: 15

What about the impact from punches? I hate how the fighters can walk through punches unaffected.

I do like the new camera angle. What is the purpose of the referee though? He seems pretty cosmetic in the video.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:06 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
That's great. Thanks for doing that, Phobia. I noticed in the Cotto fight (online) he slows down quite a bit and his stamina is taking a hit. You can hear him breathing differently and see his punches move very slowly.
I know what I played at community day and can instantly tell there was tweaks made so my first reaction was to address what will be picked apart by the sim crowd. So it is good to know they are monitoring this area very closely.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:08 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Po Pimp
What about the impact from punches? I hate how the fighters can walk through punches unaffected.

I do like the new camera angle. What is the purpose of the referee though? He seems pretty cosmetic in the video.
I think some of that is that it is early round first of all so guys are a lot more resilient and I also have not seen a video with a guy using the heavy punch modifier yet.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:08 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Po Pimp

I'd still like to see a static camera similar to VB's. Right now, it's still too much like a 2-D game because the fighters are always locked in. That doesn't leave a lot of opportunity to fire from different angles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2011, 04:11 PM   #32
MVP

Po Pimp's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I'd still like to see a static camera similar to VB's. Right now, it's still too much like a 2-D game because the fighters are always locked in. That doesn't leave a lot of opportunity to fire from different angles.
I agree. I used to always use the swing camera in FN3 for that reason u named.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »