Home

Fight Night Champion Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2011, 01:06 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Fight Night Champion Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360) PS3 Tonight

Let me first start off by saying I am a huge boxing fan!!! After playing the demo a few times it basically turns into a slugfest when playing online. Additionally if you press the button or move the stick once, it throws two or three punches. This causes the slugfest. If I attempt to throw one jab, two are thrown. So if I am trying to put combinations together I am throwing a lot of punches. For example, if I want to throw a 1-2 (left Right), I will actually throw two lefts and two rights. If I throw an uppercut, two are actually thrown. To me this gives the slugfest results. Also the auto block needs to go away asap. To have the CPU determine your blocking is not simulation. I pride myself on my defense and to take that out of my hands also kills my counter game. I was hit with some punches that I would have normally blocked. Once again, the auto block results in a slugfest. I was able to repeatly hit my opponent with power shots to the head after throwing to the body and then to head (power shot).

Graphics are nice, but I think they made the heavy weights to big in relationship to the ring. Also, the arm lengths and boxer's height are a bit off. Tyson seems to be only a few inches shorter than Ali and a simple jab from him seems to stretch and easily hit Ali.

Just my two cents.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:12 PM   #18
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Fight Night Champion Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360) PS3 Tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
You know, It'd be sweet if there were separate rooms or discs for the button mashers, cheesers,etc...vs the real sim world. then, they could button mash their arses in the mat if they wanted.
Mo you downloading for ps3 tonight or do you have a xbox. yea I'm hoping we will get separate rooms, plus the use of the online gyms will help too.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:25 PM   #19
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
Mo you downloading for ps3 tonight or do you have a xbox. yea I'm hoping we will get separate rooms, plus the use of the online gyms will help too.
PS3...gotta work an evening shift tonight off @ 11 Thursday & Friday I'll be on the sticks. maybe around midnight tonight too.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

First off, the demo is much better than any iteration, be it patched or sliders, of FN4.

All Ali users that I have faced have been content to throw volumes off punches. Using Tyson I one punch Koed one guy, but in somewhat experimenting I have lost a few decisions to Ali opponents, despite always having a considerably advantage in connect percentage.

The graphics are unbelievable.

Not crazy about the footwork. I got trapped in the corner by Ali and didn't read up on how to shove.

With Ali I won easily every time. I believe with practice you could hold Tyson users to sub 30% connect percentages.

Love one button (or trigger) timing blocking, but I notice body punches are blocked at a lower percentage frequency then head punches. This could be due to the sparsity of them, at least in the matches I've played. Of course that is hard to gauge because connect percentage incorporates whiffed punches too.

I am surprised I liked the demo this much.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:49 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
Also the auto block needs to go away asap. To have the CPU determine your blocking is not simulation. I pride myself on my defense and to take that out of my hands also kills my counter game. I was hit with some punches that I would have normally blocked.
You have to time the block right. Actually to have the CPU determine your blocking based on a fighter's rating IS simulation. But for that CPU determination to occur, you have to properly time the block.

At least that's what I think. Anybody else?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2011, 02:19 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 3

I have looked everywhere but how do I get the Demo?
Old 02-01-2011, 02:22 PM   #23
Pro

Panicshade's Arena

OVR: 9

I can only go by my demo but I haven't noticed any framerate/choppyness issues on the 360 demo. At least as far as I can see. Everything seems to run smooth.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:23 PM   #24
Pro

Panicshade's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorblade
I have looked everywhere but how do I get the Demo?
The demo is already up for the 360...the PS3 demo will be up later today with their regular update

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »