Home

EA Talks 'Fewer, Better, Bigger' Titles, NFL Strike Ramifications, 3D Not Important

This is a discussion on EA Talks 'Fewer, Better, Bigger' Titles, NFL Strike Ramifications, 3D Not Important within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2011, 12:05 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: EA Talks 'Fewer, Better, Bigger' Titles, NFL Strike Ramifications, 3D Not Importa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
I'll be shocked if EA doesn't just release Madden 12 and ignore the lockout like they did with NBA Live 99 and the NBA Lockout.

Madden will sell regardless of whether or not there's a NFL season.
I'd expect highly increased sales if there were no NFL season. People need their "fix", especially if they aren't getting weekly live games.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:16 AM   #10
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: EA Talks 'Fewer, Better, Bigger' Titles, NFL Strike Ramifications, 3D Not Importa

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
I'd expect highly increased sales if there were no NFL season. People need their "fix", especially if they aren't getting weekly live games.
I thought that myself, but it doesn't tend to be the case with strikes. Maybe the NFL is different, but MLB and NHL games took big hits during their strikes. Apples and oranges, maybe, but I think it's a fairly strong indicator considering that, while smaller, their fan bases are just as fanatic.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:22 AM   #11
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

I may be crazy, but I think Madden will get HUGE sales if there is a lockout in the NFL with all the football fans wanting an NFL fix

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 01:32 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 1
@adembroski Baseball's strike happened towards the end of the season so there would be no effect in games sold not to mention in 94 video games weren't as big as they are in 2011.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:52 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I thought that myself, but it doesn't tend to be the case with strikes. Maybe the NFL is different, but MLB and NHL games took big hits during their strikes. Apples and oranges, maybe, but I think it's a fairly strong indicator considering that, while smaller, their fan bases are just as fanatic.
Fair enough. Hopefully we won't have to see if that's the case (for fans and EA alike)..
Old 02-02-2011, 02:26 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 33
I'm glad EA are not prioritising 3D. There is much to be addressed with their titles. Taking time on this area will deflect away from more immediate issues.

EA must realise that the potential of Madden 12 is going to be factored by the improvements made to the title & not on any impending lockout. If EA take the game where it needs to go it will sell. There are pages & pages of feedback on any number of forums regarding what the consumer wants from the Madden title, with many issues consistently recurring. Maybe this will be the year EA have listened.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:30 AM   #15
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
I'd be willing to bet a lot of people buy the game to sort of follow along with the season.

That being said, I think the juggernaut that is a Madden release is hard to slow down at this point. My guess is there would be a small hit in sales if there is no agreement in place, but nothing too significant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 08:58 AM   #16
Rookie

havokeff's Arena

OVR: 3

I remember it being brought up, but not seeing an answer...
Does the lack of a CBA effect the game as far as using player names as well as likenesses? IIRC, the NFLPA grants its rights to Madden as well as the NFL, but is there is no CBA, I believe the NFLPU said it would decertify for legal reasons.

Anyone caught up on this aspect?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »