Home

Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog is Official, Franchise Mode Not Covered

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog is Official, Franchise Mode Not Covered within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2011, 11:46 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog is Official, Franchise Mode Not Covered

About a week ago, Ian Cummings asked the readers of OS, about their thoughts on a Super Bowl halftime video podcast.

Well, we won't get a video podcast, but we will see a Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl halftime blog.

Most of us would love to see a blog covering the new and improved Franchise Mode, but it doesn't look like that will happen, as they want to save it for later.

With that out of the way, what are you hoping it will cover?

Quote:
"On a side note, I finally got a draft semi-approved of the Super Bowl Halftime blog. Which means it's official - there will be a blog!"
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2011, 11:58 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog is Official

Sounds good, I understand why they'd want to wait. Though as a hardcore franchise user, I'm on pins and needles waiting for the franchise blog. I feel good things about it this year.

Last edited by RedZoneD25; 02-02-2011 at 12:16 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:08 AM   #3
Rookie

everydaygorship's Arena

OVR: 4
Im hoping to see something about line play, or some Individual running animations, something on the gameplay side.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:25 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
I hope its a blog about the ion schutt being implemented. Just kidding. No I'm not.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:02 AM   #5
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog is Official, Franchise Mode Not Covered

I expect a general outline for '12. It's far too early for Ian to get clearance on anything meaty.

And I'm hoping EA doesn't play the franchise cards close to the chest. I think it's the most important thing to be discussed with the community.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 03:10 AM   #6
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego

And I'm hoping EA doesn't play the franchise cards close to the chest. I think it's the most important thing to be discussed with the community.
I hate to sound shallow but franchise mode will be the sole factor in my buying of this game. I've heard that post patch 5 Madden 11 is pretty good. So I see no reason that can't br carried over and improved.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 02-02-2011, 05:13 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Halftime Blog is Official, Franchise Mode Not Covered

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
I hate to sound shallow but franchise mode will be the sole factor in my buying of this game. I've heard that post patch 5 Madden 11 is pretty good. So I see no reason that can't br carried over and improved.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
I guess this must be somewhat true because my actual requirements for Madden 12 to be a day one or earlier purchase, are pretty low hanging fruit. While I would love for Madden 12 ideally to greatly improve on Madden 11 the way Madden 10 did over Madden 09, my conditions for purchasing Madden 12 are not so lofty.

If franchise mode adds immersion, the Extra Point/halftime is upgraded with video, commentary refined with banter/both guys recording in the booth together, all penalties added/all penalties called, multiple options when challenging a play, "bowling pin" tackles eliminated/multiple hits possible, upgraded OL pass blocking/tuned run blocking, upgraded animations for position interactions like WR-DB, OL-DL, LB-OL, etc, dynamic weather and progressive lighting, I will gladly spend $60 on Madden 12.

I think these should all be in at the the very least but I will be mainly looking for progressive lighting because Madden 11 lighting in Madden 12, will be my brown M&M.

"Van Halen's Legendary M&M's Rider

.........The document, which we've excerpted below, also stipulated that promoters provide the group with 'herring in sour cream,' four cases of 'Schlitz Malt Liquor beer (16 ounce cans),' and a total of eight bottles of wine and liquor. Oh, and the band also needed 'One (1) large tube KY Jelly.' The rider's 'Munchies' section was where the group made its candy-with-a-caveat request: 'M&M's (WARNING: ABSOLUTELY NO BROWN ONES).' While the underlined rider entry has often been described as an example of rock excess, the outlandish demand of multimillionaires, the group has said the M&M provision was included to make sure that promoters had actually read its lengthy rider.
If brown M&M's were in the backstage candy bowl, Van Halen surmised that more important aspects of a performance--lighting, staging, security, ticketing--may have been botched by an inattentive promoter......"

Old 02-02-2011, 08:34 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

No franchise mode info? Why ask a question if you're not going to listen to the answer?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »