Home

EA Talks 'Fewer, Better, Bigger' Titles, NFL Strike Ramifications, 3D Not Important

This is a discussion on EA Talks 'Fewer, Better, Bigger' Titles, NFL Strike Ramifications, 3D Not Important within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2011, 10:04 AM   #17
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: EA Talks 'Fewer, Better, Bigger' Titles, NFL Strike Ramifications, 3D Not Importa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnes12eaglesfan
I may be crazy, but I think Madden will get HUGE sales if there is a lockout in the NFL with all the football fans wanting an NFL fix
Yeah; but not all football fans play video games.

My dad doesnt even know how to turn an Xbox360 on, let alone want to play with it.

Most football fans will get their fix through the AFL or CFL... Gooooo Montréal Alouettes!!

My prediction is that a lockout would have a negative impact on sales... if any... hardcore Madden fans will buy the game regardless of what happens next year. But casual gamers might not be as inclined to purchase the game without a real NFL season.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: EA Talks 'Fewer, Better, Bigger' Titles, NFL Strike Ramifications, 3D Not Importa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
Yeah; but not all football fans play video games.

My dad doesnt even know how to turn an Xbox360 on, let alone want to play with it.

Most football fans will get their fix through the AFL or CFL... Gooooo Montréal Alouettes!!

My prediction is that a lockout would have a negative impact on sales... if any... hardcore Madden fans will buy the game regardless of what happens next year. But casual gamers might not be as inclined to purchase the game without a real NFL season.
Which is why M12 is the PERFECT reason to delve more into the grit of the game rather than jump on a top-shelf quote "gimmick" feature as some put it.

What better year to have massive core mode overhauls (Franchise both offline/online, SS mode, etc.) where you know the fans who are buying the game are the ones who are going to appreciate that sort of effort more than the average person.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:06 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 8
hmmm..madden 64 rings a bell for some reason...~shrugs~
Old 02-02-2011, 12:29 PM   #20
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Backbreaker...
Why does someone mention this every single time? Backbreaker is not the future. It's still very raw in terms of depth, and the game engine is far too rag doll for Madden.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:38 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
Trust me, Madden 12 will release in August. NFL season or not.
It has to release. They're already developing it now, and we won't be sure if the season isn't going to start on time, if at all, until after August anyway.

This may sound crazy, but this fear of a lock out may prompt EA to go all out this year and give us a higher quality game. The popularity of the NFL, during this generation, has moved more copies of Madden than the quality of Madden games themselves. Why do you think that we don't get any info about the upcoming Madden title until half time of the Super Bowl ? It's because the season is basically over, so the period for selling Madden 11 will also be over. The NFL season obviously contributes to marketability of Madden. With the possibility of a lockout looming, EA may not feel that they can depend on the popularity of the NFL season to sell copies of Madden, so (maybe) they'll attempt to blow us away with quality of the game.

Who knows, maybe this will prompt EA to revamp the franchise mode, the AI, or give us...wait for it...real time physics.

Last edited by LiquorLogic; 02-02-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 12:51 PM   #22
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
It has to release. They're already developing it now, and we won't be sure if the season isn't going to start on time, if at all, until after August anyway.
The latest I read, (today) said both parties are having meetings on Saturday and throughout the month. The players lock-out is March 3rd, so, they would like to have something in place by then.

I don't know if that will be accomplished.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:51 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
The latest I read, (today) said both parties are having meetings on Saturday and throughout the month. The players lock-out is March 3rd, so, they would like to have something in place by then.

I don't know if that will be accomplished.
It does not look good at this point.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:13 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 22
I blogged about this very thing in "the best Madden ever". I pointed out that the NFL would lock out the players (kind of shocked he referred to it as a strike) and this would be an excellent opportunity for EA to build a fantastic product to hook in fans of both the NFL and Madden. We should be in for a treat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »