Home

MLB 2K11 Screenshots From Developer Diary, Including an Extra OS Exclusive (Hi-Res)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Screenshots From Developer Diary, Including an Extra OS Exclusive (Hi-Res) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2011, 08:12 PM   #9
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: MLB 2K11 Screenshots From Developer Diary, Including an Extra OS Exclusive (Hi-Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq
Look at the picture at the mound with and compare that to MLB 2K10 the same looks identical.......
Most people know the game will look pretty much identical (it looks slightly better to me though). The hope here is that it plays significantly better than 2k10. By reading that blog it sounds like they put some serious work in under the hood of this title.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:12 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 46
Re: MLB 2K11 Screenshots From Developer Diary, Including an Extra OS Exclusive (Hi-Re

Ninja, agreed.
plus how different does it need to look?
fine to me, loved it last year, lovin it this year.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:07 PM   #11
MVP

dodgerblue's Arena

OVR: 19

Liked the hot/cold and the rating shifts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2011, 10:37 PM   #12
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Looking good. I know this sounds silly, but I like how Prince actually looks fat. Last year, none of the big guys actually looked big.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:12 PM   #13
Rookie

Sedihawk2K5's Arena

OVR: 8

I know it isn't a major issue, but is there hope for player portraits this year? Sorry if this has been mentioned already but the Cody Ross portrait in the screen shot has him in his Giants hat. He didn't become a member of the Giants until August last season. None of the player portraits in 2K10 were updated with in-season transactions from the year before (Griffey in a Reds hat, Cliff Lee in an Indians hat?). HOPEFULLY this is a sign that they are getting the portraits updated for the current year!
Old 02-04-2011, 07:18 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3
i just hope they fixed the contract bug in franchise mode. i remember last year that there were no quality free agents because players contracts were so off that all teams had a small payroll and it made it east for them to re-sign there top starts. if thats fixed ill be happy
Old 02-07-2011, 04:25 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedihawk2K5
I know it isn't a major issue, but is there hope for player portraits this year? Sorry if this has been mentioned already but the Cody Ross portrait in the screen shot has him in his Giants hat. He didn't become a member of the Giants until August last season. None of the player portraits in 2K10 were updated with in-season transactions from the year before (Griffey in a Reds hat, Cliff Lee in an Indians hat?). HOPEFULLY this is a sign that they are getting the portraits updated for the current year!
Finally, someone mentions it haha. Glad to see I'm not the only one. And yeah HOPEFULLY *fingers cross* that they do this for every team, not just the Giants because they are the WS Champions.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »