Home

MLB 11 The Show Video: Short Clip From Qore Episode 33

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Video: Short Clip From Qore Episode 33 within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2011, 06:19 PM   #17
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 11 The Show Video: Short Clip From Qore Episode 33

The swings look 10x more fluid this year.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:22 PM   #18
The Champ Is Here

Doormat's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA

Yes it is took about 10 minutes to get her to knock one out the park.
Awesome! Now I can get my GF to play with me more often in this game, she strikes out too much
Old 02-07-2011, 06:33 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

I wish they would fix the way the batter starts running at the end of the swing. It looks a little unrealistic. Oh well, next year!
Old 02-07-2011, 06:33 PM   #20
Pro

Sco291's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroehms
The swings look 10x more fluid this year.
I agree with that. I saw it too. Very nice.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:43 PM   #21
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by EutawStreet
I wish they would fix the way the batter starts running at the end of the swing. It looks a little unrealistic. Oh well, next year!
Yeah, I was always thinking of reasons why this may be, and then doing the motions for myself (I won't make a video ) I realized it's because batter's don't necessarily always let go of the bat on the follow-through. If they're like me, they might bring the back bat to their front side, and maybe even carry it a step or two before flipping it off to the side. This is probably more common with lefties or two-handed swingers, but this might be the cause for this strange look.

No game has really had animations where they run with the bat for any number of steps, so I think most games have really had this issue anyway. I remember the old-gen MLB 2K series had it really bad where the batter would like crouch low and slide their feet to angle toward first base before running. I guess there are some preset animations you might need so there aren't any issues as they're running.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2011, 06:52 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Yeah, I was always thinking of reasons why this may be, and then doing the motions for myself (I won't make a video ) I realized it's because batter's don't necessarily always let go of the bat on the follow-through. If they're like me, they might bring the back bat to their front side, and maybe even carry it a step or two before flipping it off to the side. This is probably more common with lefties or two-handed swingers, but this might be the cause for this strange look.

No game has really had animations where they run with the bat for any number of steps, so I think most games have really had this issue anyway. I remember the old-gen MLB 2K series had it really bad where the batter would like crouch low and slide their feet to angle toward first base before running. I guess there are some preset animations you might need so there aren't any issues as they're running.
Yeah its definately easier said than done. I just wish they would make different animations for example, maybe a few for no doubter home runs (which i think they already have), and then animations for a possible home run where the batter takes a few slow steps watching the ball rather than just putting his head down and taking off at full speed towards first. He should finish his swing and just kind of admire his home run before jogging towards first.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:52 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42
Stop asking this question - last warning.

You've asked multiple times in several threads already and the answer remains the same, when they're ready, they will release them.
im sorrry just excited lol, i wont again! my baddd
Old 02-07-2011, 07:06 PM   #24
The Champ Is Here

Doormat's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by EutawStreet
Yeah its definately easier said than done. I just wish they would make different animations for example, maybe a few for no doubter home runs (which i think they already have), and then animations for a possible home run where the batter takes a few slow steps watching the ball rather than just putting his head down and taking off at full speed towards first. He should finish his swing and just kind of admire his home run before jogging towards first.
You mean something like Manny Ramirez's home run walk?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »