Home

Fight Night Champion Tuner Set Available Today, For 360 Demo Only

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Tuner Set Available Today, For 360 Demo Only within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2011, 08:21 AM   #1

OVR: 34
Fight Night Champion Tuner Set Available Today, For 360 Demo Only

Available today for Xbox 360 owners, a tuner set for the Fight Night Champion demo. Read on, to see all the details.

Quote:
"As mentioned previously, the team has added the capability to tweak and modify some game play aspects based on consumer feedback in the full title for both PS3 and XBOX 360 to make the game more authentic. We plan on pushing out these Tuner Sets over the course of the launch period (if necessary) and will communicate out what changes will be made. Please note that these will be very minor changes and may not be noticeable at first.

We are also able to push out a Tuner Set for the demo in the XBOX 360 environment to help test the functionality and after listening to feedback based on your early experiences with the Fight Night Champion Demo, we are putting out a Tuner Set tomorrow (Feb 8th) that will subtly impact the following:

1. Slightly reduce current stamina regeneration rate
2. Slightly increase stamina loss for missed and blocked punches
3. Increase overall punch power: Health loss from each punch"
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2011, 08:28 AM   #2
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Tuner Set for Demo to Hit Today (360 Only)

Ok, its a step. just waiting on PS3. The above changes aid block spammers though.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:31 AM   #3

It would have been nice to see blocking addressed but that may be something that has to be in a patch or take longer to deal with. I'm not crazy about seeing nothing done to punches that hit, but there's a possibility that could be effected by the regeneration tweak.

I didn't think missed punches needed to be adjusted.

Overall though, I think this is great that they included it for the demo. It is a let down for the PS3, but for them to tweak a demo says a lot to me.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:16 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
It would have been nice to see blocking addressed but that may be something that has to be in a patch or take longer to deal with. I'm not crazy about seeing nothing done to punches that hit, but there's a possibility that could be effected by the regeneration tweak.

I didn't think missed punches needed to be adjusted.

Overall though, I think this is great that they included it for the demo. It is a let down for the PS3, but for them to tweak a demo says a lot to me.
what did you want done to blocking?
Old 02-08-2011, 10:29 AM   #5
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

If you hold on to the block it will still start to reduce your stamina. so for those who block constantly reduce the rate the stamina regenerates also hurts those block spammers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2011, 12:32 PM   #6
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
If you hold on to the block it will still start to reduce your stamina. so for those who block constantly reduce the rate the stamina regenerates also hurts those block spammers.
I hope its not significant. I always hold block, as do most boxers.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:51 PM   #7

A little mixed feeling with the tuner set. Stamina is the biggest thing I noticed with it dropping significantly in the fight. I love it. It is the best I have seen it since playing both FN4 and Champion. However, I still don't understand why they don't touch punches that hit. That should drain stamina at a more efficient rate.

I actually feel like damage is down now. I don't see it growing like it did earlier. What most will see is that 3 rounds do not give you an opportunity to really see what this will look like in a longer fight. I'm still fighting guys that are unloading punches, and if you don't block a good amount of them, you are done in 3 rounds.

So I'm mixed about it.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:58 PM   #8
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
A little mixed feeling with the tuner set. Stamina is the biggest thing I noticed with it dropping significantly in the fight. I love it. It is the best I have seen it since playing both FN4 and Champion. However, I still don't understand why they don't touch punches that hit. That should drain stamina at a more efficient rate.

I actually feel like damage is down now. I don't see it growing like it did earlier. What most will see is that 3 rounds do not give you an opportunity to really see what this will look like in a longer fight. I'm still fighting guys that are unloading punches, and if you don't block a good amount of them, you are done in 3 rounds.

So I'm mixed about it.
I think there alot of people who don't realize that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »