Home

NBA Jam Fact Sheet, Screenshots and Gameplay Video

This is a discussion on NBA Jam Fact Sheet, Screenshots and Gameplay Video within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2011, 10:51 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA Jam Fact Sheet, Screenshots and Gameplay Video

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Check out the new screenshots, right here.

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

NBA JAM is now ready to set your iPhone or iPod touch ON FIRE with all the over-the-top, high-flying, 2-on-2 arcade basketball action just like you remember it – and like you’ve never seen before! So go to the hole. Go strong. Go for the monster jam. KABOOM!

Key Features

HEAT UP ON iPHONE & iPOD TOUCH.
Slam and JAM with all 30 NBA teams, favorite NBA stars, dozens of unlockable legends from the classic arcade era, plus some secret players you can only get on iPhone/iPod touch. Unlock outrageous cheats, too. You up for some “Big Head” action?

PLAY NOW! PLAY CLASSIC! IT’S SHOWTIME!
2 modes of play, lets you ball the way you want, including a JAM CAMP Tutorial:=
  • Play Now – Select a team and jump right into the game
  • Classic Campaign – Defeat all other teams to win the championship, and unlock legends, hidden players and cheats
DOMNIATE WITH AUTHORITY!
Also select from two different control schemes (D-Pad and gesture-based) and take advantage of the outstanding versatility of your iPhone/iPod touch. Is it the shoes?

YOU’RE ON FIRE!
If you’re from the Old School, you’ll feel the ‘90s nostalgia while you play the hottest new arcade sports game on the App Store. Featuring the voice of Tim Kitzrow the original NBA JAM play-by-play announcer), you’ll hear all the classic catchphrases plus a few new ones recorded just for this game. This JAM is all about “boomshakalaka”!

Platform: iPhone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2011, 11:13 AM   #2
Rock Band FTW!

murph17's Arena

OVR: 14
no multiplayer? even local over BT or WiFi? booooo!
Old 02-09-2011, 11:46 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Yeah JAM is the type of game that needs at least 2 players to be fun. The rubber band AI gets old after 1 or 2 games.

But the bigger question for me is why are they making cell phone versions when PS3/360 JAM still hasn't received any post-release support?
Old 02-09-2011, 03:06 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
PLAY NOW! PLAY CLASSIC! PLAY AGAINST A FRIEND!
3 modes of play let you ball the way you want:

•Play Now – Select a team and jump right into the ball game
•Classic Campaign – Defeat all other teams to win the championship, and unlock legends, hidden players and cheats
•Local Multiplayer – Go big head 2 big head against a friend via local WiFi and Bluetooth

Seems like someone forgot to mention a KEY feature in this game. There is local multiplayer but not online play or the mini games seen in the console versions. There are a lot of unlockable characters though and iPhone specific unlockables yet to be revealed. KaBooM!
Old 02-09-2011, 07:30 PM   #5
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: NBA Jam Fact Sheet, Screenshots and Gameplay Video

is it me or is this not available yet? it shows up in the search menu in app store, but when ya click it nba elite comes up and no jam. boo!!
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2011, 09:53 PM   #6
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
is it me or is this not available yet? it shows up in the search menu in app store, but when ya click it nba elite comes up and no jam. boo!!
http://itunes.apple.com/se/app/nba-j...ign-mpt=uo%3D4
Old 02-09-2011, 11:14 PM   #7
Rookie

EA's has messed this NBA Jam project up so bad it's ridiculous.
-First it's a Wii "Exclusive" no online. Flop should have been a straight up Jam Day like TE.
-Drops on PS3 and Xbox 360 couple month later. Online cool, fun, but needs some work (patch, roster updates) EA. No post release support to make it an **** game. Add some more secret characters to keep people playing.
-So where has the NBA Jam team been? Making an iPhone app! Once again no consistency. This less expensive version comes out months later (should have been released at launch) has updated rosters (ridiculous) and other fine tuning things the customers who dropped $50 at launch have been begging for with NO support.

-If I bought the Wii version I would be upset because EA made it appear it was only on Wii. Later it comes out on the big boy system which have online. A huge waste not being able to play online and create that true arcade feel.
-I'm upset as a PS3 player because there has been no post release support. Months later the iPhone version drops with all the stuff console players want that paid at least 4x more than the app.
-If I ONLY bought the iPhone app I would feel I won honestly. I get updated rosters, so I don't feel I have an outdated game and paid a fraction of the $50 price tag.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:18 PM   #8
Rookie

I can't say **** E P I C on here?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »