Home

MLB 2K11 My Player and Franchise Mode Improvements (ESPN The Gamer)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 My Player and Franchise Mode Improvements (ESPN The Gamer) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2011, 03:01 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: ESPN's Jon Robinson My Player/Franchise Preview

I know it was mentioned yesterday but i really like the idea of pitch count instead of stamina or fatigue bars, just so much easier for my brain to compute, lol.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 46
Re: Franchise/My Player Preview [ESPN: The Gamer]

this tidbit has me xcited.

"for those gamers looking for that extra edge that putting someone on three 15-day DL lists can give them as opposed to one 60-day stint"

jayhawker: you might be getting your wish of a good immersive franchise mode.

saberg: enough already man.

Last edited by econoodle; 02-11-2011 at 03:09 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

I really hope they give us an Insight on Animations.... This for me is music to my ears.

Quote:
"Rather than just saying, you're good or you're bad, now with the new animations, you might have a grounder ride up your glove and hit your body and it's up to you to still make the play. Or you might hit the throw meter in the red and throw a one-hopper to the first baseman and you're sitting there hoping he catches it. These new animations make you sweat out every play because now every ground ball is not just a clean catch and throw."
Quote:
"It's funny, though, because at work we have things that we call '2K11' plays. That's a play where everything that happened couldn't have been done in '2K10.' I just had a play where Ichiro hit a chopper (new hit type), and we shot all new animations for speedsters leaving the batter's box and trying to beat out the play at first. We also shot all new fielding animations where good fielders charge the ball and bare hand it, then wing it to first while falling down (while a bad fielder might need to get a better grip before they throw or double clutch).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman
I know it was mentioned yesterday but i really like the idea of pitch count instead of stamina or fatigue bars, just so much easier for my brain to compute, lol.
Agreed. I think it's too easy to ignore count and just see that the stamina bar is depleted. Now you will have to make the decision on how much the guy has left in the tank.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:08 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
this tidbit has me xcited.

"for those gamers looking for that extra edge that putting someone on three 15-day DL lists can give them as opposed to one 60-day stint"
That actually kind of confused me, because I don't think that is how the DL works. You put the guy on the 15-day DL, and then you can activate him anytime after that. You don't have to put him on another 15 days.

Maybe I am confused.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:09 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
I really hope they give us an Insight on Animations.... This for me is music to my ears.
Yeah, those descriptions of how they are integrating animations based on ratings sounds pretty awesome.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:10 PM   #15
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Depth and detail are really sounding nice. I love the tiered animation idea to help further differentiate players. It's impossible to say for sure of course, but it really sounds like they put a strong effort into the meat of the game.

I just want to see it in action!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2011, 03:11 PM   #16
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13

I will say that I am a bit disappointed with this information. Injuries shouldn't take up more than half of the franchise news. It should have been in last year anyways. Now, I do like the fact that there will be wear and tear during franchise by overworking aging players, but I just didn't see enough to warrant $60. I guess I will wait to see more information in regards to franchise (i.e. Waivers, options, etc.). I'm hoping that this isn't all that they added this year.

I will give 2k credit though. Overall, it looks like a much improved game from last year. Looks like 360 owners are going to have a solid game this season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »