Home

EA/NFL Extend NFL Exclusive License by One Year to 2013

This is a discussion on EA/NFL Extend NFL Exclusive License by One Year to 2013 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2011, 11:03 AM   #449
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: EA/NFL Extend NFL Exclusive License by One Year to 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
If the masses were divided back then, why the huge price cut from one of the games?

Too many ifs, would ofs, could ofs, etc........
2k, as a smaller dev team/company probably could make their game cheaper than Madden could, so they lowered the price to try try drag Madden in the red. Maybe a few more people bought 2k5 than would have at 49.99, but it really didn't make a dent in Madden's numbers people just bought both games.

Here's what I would like someone to explain to me. How can you say "EA doesn't care about their customers" and then say "we're the customer, we have a voice." How can you say "EA doesn't care about us, but we matter to EA"?????
Old 02-17-2011, 11:08 AM   #450
Banned

OVR: 7

Personally,I think it's just time for people to get over it.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:08 AM   #451
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36

Here's what I would like someone to explain to me. How can you say "EA doesn't care about their customers" and then say "we're the customer, we have a voice." How can you say "EA doesn't care about us, but we matter to EA"?????
Very good point.

Seems like a one way street, doesn't it?

I can't answer that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2011, 11:32 AM   #452
Banned

OVR: 10

well ryan, from 2006-2011, what do u think EA has done for its customer, even the 2K customers that lost there game in O6? Nothing really, because presentation hasn't gotten too 2K5 levels yet and Madden still can't compete with ALLPRO2k8 gameplay yet, so u tell me?
Old 02-17-2011, 11:33 AM   #453
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
If the masses were divided back then, why the huge price cut from one of the games?
That's easy enough to understand. Back in the day, there were people who wouldn't even try 2k football because they were so loyal to Madden. The $19.99 price tag changed that -- to the tune of where Madden went from outselling 2k football 10-1 down to 2-1, if my memory serves. If 2k football continued another year, 2k might've even outsold Madden -- we'll never know, because the exclusive was signed and that was it.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:34 AM   #454
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
NOPE. The NFL has made it an exclusive license. Not EA. If EA wants to sell an NFL game, they have to pay for an exclusive license. If they don't want to sell an NFL game, then they won't have the license someone else will.
C'mon, everybody knows that EA was lobbying for years to get the exclusive license before the NFL actually agreed. EA even admitted to it. The NFL only agreed after the pricing war between 2k and EA affected the NFL's cut.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:36 AM   #455
Rookie

OVR: 3
Haven't played Madden since Madden 06. I felt raped of my money so I decided to never buy it again. All I have to do is come to OS and watch the videos to know not to come within 10 feet of this game. I really hope for consumers sake that this deal will not get extended anymore, but it's all about the money. So in reality, EA will always have the exclusive title and we will be left with incomplete and under developed games every year. I play MLB The Show to get my sports fix. best game ever imo. Thank you, Sony!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2011, 11:37 AM   #456
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
We, the customers, don't have voices; we have wallets. Slowly but surely, those wallets are closing.

Last edited by LiquorLogic; 02-17-2011 at 03:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »