Home

NASCAR The Game 2011 Trailer: Daytona 500

This is a discussion on NASCAR The Game 2011 Trailer: Daytona 500 within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2011, 10:05 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: NASCAR The Game 2011 Trailer: Daytona 500

According to the official website forums, the developers stated it was not a licensing issue as to why there is no DNFs. They said it was too buggy to implement and was causing problems, and to expect this feature for next year.

I believe what they could not add due to licensing was car/engine fires and cars going into the grandstands.

Anyways, when you "total" your car, the damage can only be repaired to 60% and even worse if you keep crashing. So, you might be flipping over, but you won't be able to keep up with the other cars or anything of that sort.

I'll try and re-find the posts if I can.

Last edited by Potatoes002; 02-17-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:13 PM   #18
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
According to the official website forums, the developers stated it was not a licensing issue as to why there is no DNFs. They said it was too buggy to implement and was causing problems, and to expect this feature for next year.

I believe what they could not add due to licensing was car/engine fires and cars going into the grandstands.

Anyways, when you "total" your car, the damage can only be repaired to 60% and even worse if you keep crashing. So, you might be flipping over, but you won't be able to keep up with the other cars or anything of that sort.

I'll try and re-find the posts if I can.
Please, if you find that, could you please post it here. I had heard that it was licensing issue and a demand from the car manufacturers themselves. Obviously, this is second hand info, but from a reliable source.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:20 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Please, if you find that, could you please post it here. I had heard that it was licensing issue and a demand from the car manufacturers themselves. Obviously, this is second hand info, but from a reliable source.
This is just from a quick 2 minute scan of the forums. There is obviously more info, but this was an interesting post from the developer.

http://forums.eutechnyx.com/threads/...ll=1#post73898

Quote:
"How does this sound?

In online games you have a Casual and Hardcore mode, when Hardcore is selected we can make is so that all of the mechanical damage isn't repaired, say only 60% is. We can't add DNF's at this stage as it would cause too many bugs and we're really close to going gold!"
Old 02-17-2011, 10:23 PM   #20
MVP

I might add that it was originally planned that damage could be 100% repairable. I'm glad that the new NASCAR team cared about the communities response and gave us a reasonable compromise.

Oh, and when you run out of fuel it's "Race Over", so there is some form of DNF in the game.

Last edited by Potatoes002; 02-17-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:26 PM   #21
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
I might add that it was originally planned that damage could be 100% repairable. I'm glad that the new NASCAR team cared about the communities response and gave us a reasonable compromise.

Oh, and when you run out of fuel it's "Race Over", so there is some form of DNF in the game.
Thanks potatoes, I find that very interesting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2011, 08:14 AM   #22
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

The way I'm looking at this is, if the racing (A.I.) is good then not having DNF's will not be a game killer for me. This week I finally got back into playing GT5. Yesterday I did the Nascar series in Aspec. The final race in the series, a ten lapper at Daytona had me on the edge of my seat for all ten laps. There was no damage, no DNF's , but the racing was balls to the wall. In just 10 laps there were several lead changes, cars were partnering up and drafting to take the lead, the racing aspect felt quite realistic. I spent 8 of the 10 laps between between 3rd place and 7th place until I tried to fit in a space that was to small on lap 8 and I spun out to end up finishing last, still won the series overall though.

If Nascar 11 can achieve that type of realistic racing action, I'll be ok with it.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:49 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 11

Yeah, from what I understand reading those forums, the devs reached out with a compromise since DNF's won't be implemented this year, i.e., damage repairable only up to a certain point which will make you much slower than the rest of the field.

So if you race carelessly and wreck constantly, there will be consequences even though you can still drive your car out of the pit.

Last edited by Flamehead; 02-18-2011 at 12:43 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:41 PM   #24
Rookie

Papi34's Arena

OVR: 7

It is a bit disappointing that there could be an almighty pileup involving, say 20 cars, with them all smashed to bits and yet they all finish?

Is it just in online games though, like it says in the post that potatoes showed us?

Sorry if I being a bit dense and missing the obvious.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »