Home

MLB 2K11 Video: First Gameplay (Shaky Cam)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Video: First Gameplay (Shaky Cam) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2011, 05:46 AM   #9
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: First Gameplay Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
I found this posted on the 2K forums; looks like its from the eventual demo:

By the way, this is why 2K should not wait so long to release video; invariably, something like this leaks that shows the game in a less than flattering light.

I'm not crazing about some of the (re)used camera angles. For example, the camera angle during the lineup screens made no sense last year and to see them return for me is a big disappointment.
I don't understand how you could say this video shows the game in a negative light. It didn't show that much either way imo. I was getting pissed when the camera would move away from the game or show tennis lol.

On the one grounder to the 2B it appears as though the infield still plays too shallow on default. We got to see a couple hits to the outfield but I was hoping to see a high popup to see the new fielding camera and defensive mechanics involved. I did like the fact the producer said it should be easier to tell the difference between a fastball and breaking ball this year.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:12 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Not bad @ all. I'm loving the new player models & graphical updates. The new throw meter looks much better.

Very encouraging

Sent from my FRESH EVO 3.5 via tapatalk
Old 02-18-2011, 08:27 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I don't understand how you could say this video shows the game in a negative light.
I should be more clear... The quality of the video is less than stellar. Low resolution, off screen, and full of some of the same quirks as last year's title.

I do think the game looks better, but as far as gameplay reveals go, this it's pretty weak.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2011, 08:30 AM   #12
Rookie

Woodcutta's Arena

OVR: 8

Really? Nitpicking the camera angle during the lineup screens is taking it a little too far. If the game play is as improved as they say it is then camera angles during non-game situations won't bother (and shouldn't) me.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:36 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 13
Anyone who knows me on this board knows I'm actually a fan of the MLB2K series; I'm just slightly disappointed to see some of the oddities introduced in the series two years ago still exist.

I'll get over them at release, trust me.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:52 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 11

He guys I skipped 2k10 for the first time in years to play the show. However, this year I am actually liking most of what I am seeing thus far. My big issue with this series is the ball looks like a softball and seems to float to the plate even on a fast ball. It looks to again be that way in 2k11. Does anyone else feel that way or can the pitches be sped up to look more accurate speed wise without making it impossible to hit? Also, like in hockey can we change the ball size? Thanks Blitz
Old 02-18-2011, 08:52 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 8

Looking good. Liked the quick glimpses of the intro etc. Animations look smooth. Wish we could have seen more! Looking like it must have been an early demo build that these companies travel around with. Hopefully Ronnie gets those official videos out today or early next week!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2011, 08:54 AM   #16
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
I should be more clear... The quality of the video is less than stellar. Low resolution, off screen, and full of some of the same quirks as last year's title.

I do think the game looks better, but as far as gameplay reveals go, this it's pretty weak.

I completely get where you're coming from. I didn't come away feeling any different one way or the other...not what I was hoping for when I saw "gameplay" in the forum...lol. Hopefully we get some real dedicated gameplay footage soon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »