Home

MLB 11 The Show Video: St. Louis Cardinals vs. Chicago Cubs (Gameplay)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Video: St. Louis Cardinals vs. Chicago Cubs (Gameplay) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2011, 06:15 PM   #1
MVP

Shaffer26's Arena

OVR: 14
MLB 11 The Show Video: St. Louis Cardinals vs. Chicago Cubs (Gameplay)

Mauer Mondays continue at Gamestop with another MLB 11 The Show video. This one is a gameplay clip between the St. Louis Cardinals vs. Chicago Cubs.
Platform: PS3

Last edited by 42; 02-21-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2011, 06:35 PM   #2
MVP

Clarke_311's Arena

OVR: 20
re: MLB 11 The Show Video: Chicago Cubs vs. St. Louis Cardinals Gameplay

That video was beautiful, thanks for finding it!! Loving the player models and lighting, looks absoluely gorgeous!! Dissapointed to see the commentary is relatively the same (at one point I heard Karros saying the exact same line as Hudler did about picking up his fielder after an error), but other than that, the video was excellent.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:35 PM   #3
Far from perfect

The Bimmer's Arena

OVR: 16
re: MLB 11 The Show Video: Chicago Cubs vs. St. Louis Cardinals Gameplay

Nice video, definitely can see the cleaner look, and new player models. Other than that looks like 10 to me. ( that is probably a good thing not bad). Agree with above post Karros said almost the exact things as Rex.

Last edited by The Bimmer; 02-21-2011 at 06:40 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:37 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: Super Bowl XLV: Pittsburgh Steelers v. Green Bay Packers

The pitching animation is looking so much better this year. The release point looks great.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:42 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 11 The Show Video: Chicago Cubs vs. St. Louis Cardinals Gameplay

The bounces look much better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2011, 06:46 PM   #6
Pro

Sco291's Arena

OVR: 4

Oh lord...the commentary needs an overhaul for sure. WAY too robotic. Still fresh to hear Karros in there for sure though, but like others have said he repeats basically the same stuff. Huh.

The Lighting.
Boy oh boy was the lighting a HUGE improvement...that cloud coverage and shadows...not to mention I liked how Matt mentioned the chance of a thunderstorm later in the evening. That was cool to hear. I agree too that the pitching motions look a lot better with release point, looks even nice because of the awesome player models.

Grass looked good, field depth looked much improved too.

Last edited by Sco291; 02-21-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:48 PM   #7
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11

Wow. Looks just like 10.......and fielding still looks horrible.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:52 PM   #8
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Super Bowl XLV: Pittsburgh Steelers v. Green Bay Packers

So many great things to say about this video! Unfortunately came the bad with the game's settings used and the video splicing. The crowd was practically inaudible as the commentary volume was mostly the only thing that was raised (which I have to admit is pretty disappointing, even when Vasgersian speaks by himself as there's no consistency from line to line). They didn't seem to use much of the real time presentation either, one of my favorite new aspects of the game last year

The ball physics are vastly improved! I love how the throw home was on a line and depended on the hop instead of flying up in the air, and the CPU ambitiously went for a ball that they could not get to. It looks like you're able to get more sweet spot on the bat with pitches on the border of the plate which is awesome, and it was very cool to see a 4:00 start time (I'm assuming this, of course). Pujols' stance is much, much improved as well, and I am going to have a fun time with the pitching cameras and all of the other customizable cameras!

The video splicing and the audio balances made parts of this video partly a pain to watch though. There were some "stiff" and "stale" moments in this bit that I can't quite put my finger on as well, but the good always outweighs the bad here!

I would like to see more on right-stick batting and fielding though. It's tough to get a grasp on that until we get the demo obviously, so I just hope it's all for the best!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »