Home

Supremacy MMA: Bringing the First Women Fighters to an MMA Game

This is a discussion on Supremacy MMA: Bringing the First Women Fighters to an MMA Game within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2011, 03:24 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Supremacy MMA: Bringing the First Women Fighters to an MMA Game

SUPREMACY MMA GIVES GIRLS THE RIGHT TO FIGHT,
BRINGING THE FIRST WOMEN FIGHTERS TO AN MMA GAME

Female fighters Felice “Lil Bulldog” Herrig and Michele “Diablita” Gutierrez
get the right to fight for the first time in the MMA videogame genre

Milton Keynes, UK—24th February, 2011 — Global videogame publisher 505 Games and developer Kung Fu Factory have revealed today that real-life female MMA fighters Felice “Lil Dog” Herrig and Michele “Diablita” Gutierrez will appear in Supremacy MMA™. This marks the first playable femme fighters in the history of MMA games.

“Female fighters are not represented in MMA games and face a giant glass ceiling in the fighting world,” said Ricci Rukavina, CEO and Creative Director, Kung Fu Factory. “We’re proud to be a part of raising their profile and giving these tough-as-nails fighters their due in the virtual cage.””

Herrig, an XFO, UEC and Bellator veteran, and Gutierrez, Wand Fight Team’s sole female brawler, will bring their likenesses and hard-hitting set of skills to the game’s hyper-fast, no-holds barred combat system.

“Being one of the first women to represent MMA in a videogame is a dream come true for me,” said Herrig. “This is our chance to finally show gamers that female fighters can hold their own.”

“Joining the roster of fighters for Supremacy MMA is definitely awesome,” said Gutierrez. “The game takes a totally different approach to MMA so I think it’s perfect that this is the game that features women for the first time.”

“Bringing playable female fighters to fans in Supremacy MMA represents the strong stance we’re taking in bringing a totally unique game to market,” said Peter Matiss, VP of marketing, 505 Games. “Michele and Felice fight with the same ferocity and heart as any other fighter, regardless of gender, and we are proud to represent these strong, determined women in our game.”

Supremacy MMA brings the brutality of unsanctioned, amateur and unlicensed MMA fighting to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 systems, favoring fast-and-furious gameplay and underground aesthetics over official branding and television-style presentation. The game raises the bar in the MMA space by bringing an unprecedented level of fast, fluid combat, intuitive controls and true-to-the-sport brutality, telling the story of up-and-coming fighters in their quest for supremacy.

Supremacy MMA is slated for release June, 2011, on Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2011, 04:07 PM   #2
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: Supremacy MMA: Female Fighters Are Bringing the Pain

Well that's something new at least. Was hoping they'd be in EA MMA.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:54 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

I see nothing about this game that draws me in. Sure Felice Herrig is decent looking for a MMA fighter but that does nothing to make me want to purchase this bargain bin title.

Girl got some junk

Last edited by Phobia; 02-23-2011 at 05:56 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:32 PM   #4
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah still not enough to make me want to buy it. I remember UFC Sudden Impact had a female fighter in it back on the PS2. I must say MMA games have come a long way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »