Home

Shift 2 Unleashed Realism Trailer

This is a discussion on Shift 2 Unleashed Realism Trailer within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2011, 12:00 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
The first one had something like 16 on the grid in single player mode. Multiplayer was 8 or 12...I forget.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:35 PM   #10
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
I've been watching from a distance on this game. This video just made this game sound like the greatest racing game every in terms or realism in the actual gameplay.

Anyone know what kind of career modes or other modes in general that Shift 2 might carry that are actually really good?

I'm blown away by this video, but it's almost too good to be true. Or is it?
Old 02-24-2011, 12:57 PM   #11
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Shift 2 Unleashed Realism Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
I've been watching from a distance on this game. This video just made this game sound like the greatest racing game every in terms or realism in the actual gameplay.

Anyone know what kind of career modes or other modes in general that Shift 2 might carry that are actually really good?

I'm blown away by this video, but it's almost too good to be true. Or is it?
Career mode in Shift 1, was great and made you earn your way too the top! The amount of detail and level of realism during racing was insane. Let's just say inside the car view will be your best friend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2011, 01:20 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 11

I may have to wait for user reviews here first before deciding on this one. I hear the first Shift was a bit more arcadey.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:38 PM   #13
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
I may have to wait for user reviews here first before deciding on this one. I hear the first Shift was a bit more arcadey.
it was alright, but would have been better with more polish. I did enjoy the guitar hero-ish star system for each race that gave you extra tasks to do beyond just winning. It gave the game tons of replayability and variety.

Still, it was obvious they wanted to beat Forza 3 out to shelves, and it showed in the game. The handling could have been a little better and a bunch of stupid things like horrible loading and flag girls standing through your car at the beginning cutscene should have been dealt with.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:54 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 0

Is this game going to handle like other NFS games or more like GT? I haven't played the 1st Shift so I wouldn't know. But judging by a review I read. As he put it,

"This game is like the John Carpenter's Holloween of racing games, it is meant to scare the &%#@ out of you. And will have you crying for your mommy"

Here's the link! http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...apWyeEhkweyT-Q

So in short, I have to get this game!!!!

Last edited by Claymaker52; 02-24-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:39 PM   #15
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymaker52
Is this game going to handle like other NFS games or more like GT? I haven't played the 1st Shift so I wouldn't know. But judging by a review I read. As he put it,

"This game is like the John Carpenter's Holloween of racing games, it is meant to scare the &%#@ out of you. And will have you crying for your mommy"
EA split NFS up into sim and arcade racing. Hot Pursuit is the arcade game, while Shift is sim and meant to be their GT or Forza. While Shift 1 was really more like a psuedo sim racer, they did a great job at focusing on giving an awesome and unique experience driving in cockpit view and making it immersive.

The game looked great, especially for having 16 cars in a race, and now it sounds like the handling is better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2011, 07:15 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 11

This is encouraging:

http://www.needforspeed.com/post/shi...?source=shift2

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »