Home

Top Spin 4 Videos: OS Exclusive - Gameplay: Parts 1 & 2: Andre Agassi vs. Andy Murray

This is a discussion on Top Spin 4 Videos: OS Exclusive - Gameplay: Parts 1 & 2: Andre Agassi vs. Andy Murray within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2011, 12:07 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
In Top Spin 3, players could be "tired" according to the on-screen indicator, but they still played fine. This is why people never put any points into stamina online.

I hope there is more of a penalty for getting "fatigued" in this version.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:34 PM   #10
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Top Spin 4 Video: OS Exclusive - Gameplay: Part 1 - Andre Agassi vs. Andy Murray

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
Looks real good, but like every tennis game I've played, the Aces are missing. Really wish someone could figure out how to make a tennis game that isn't lacking Aces.
I wouldn't expect a lot of aces between these two player. Two of the best returners in the game and neither with a dominating serve.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:08 PM   #11
Staff Writer

kelvinmak's Arena

OVR: 16
Aw man, gotta go change my shorts now.

The only weird thing I noticed was that a tiny portion of the swing animations look kinda awkward, like the wind up was artificially sped up. Though to be fair, I don't know if they can get rid of that totally with human play. They probably want to be a little forgiving if we swung slightly too late.

I wonder if they made the distinction between Agassi's playing style through the years, like the younger more aggressive Agassi going for winners at every opportunity, compared to the older, more patient, "tire you out" Agassi. That alone would get me to buy the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2011, 03:11 PM   #12
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Just added Part 2, enjoy!
Old 02-25-2011, 03:28 PM   #13
Flip That Bat!

Entiae's Arena

OVR: 9
I'm not a tennis fan but the game looks beautiful.
If there will be a demo I'll try it out.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:31 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinmak
Aw man, gotta go change my shorts now.

The only weird thing I noticed was that a tiny portion of the swing animations look kinda awkward, like the wind up was artificially sped up. Though to be fair, I don't know if they can get rid of that totally with human play. They probably want to be a little forgiving if we swung slightly too late.

I wonder if they made the distinction between Agassi's playing style through the years, like the younger more aggressive Agassi going for winners at every opportunity, compared to the older, more patient, "tire you out" Agassi. That alone would get me to buy the game.
I noticed a few quirks with the swings too --- there were a couple times it looked like the ball came off the racket with more pace than it should have for the amount of backswing. But that's just if I'm nit-picking... for the most part the animations look fantastic. Footwork is beautiful.

And the audio to me sounds hugely improved, not just the crowd but across the board.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:39 PM   #15
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Top Spin 4 Videos: OS Exclusive - Gameplay: Parts 1 & 2: Andre Agassi vs. Andy Mu

Loved seeing the miss hit by Murray around the 2:30 mark. Jumping backhands by Agassi looked nice as well. You guys are right about the crowd. Nice tough with the yells between points and the hype during rallies.
Twitter
YouTube
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2011, 03:44 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4
Anybody know if there will be a demo for 360 and/or PS3?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »