Home

MLB 11 The Show Blog: Road to The Show Returns With New Player Performance Evaluator

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Blog: Road to The Show Returns With New Player Performance Evaluator within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2011, 07:30 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
30 Days free with MLB.tv? Do we have to preorder through a specific site? If I preorder through Amazon, does this deal still apply?
no i preordered at gamestop u get it for free
Old 02-25-2011, 07:39 PM   #10
Rookie

irishred002's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 11 The Show Blog: Road to The Show Returns With New Player Performance Evalua

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
30 Days free with MLB.tv? Do we have to preorder through a specific site? If I preorder through Amazon, does this deal still apply?
I am under the impression that if you pre order from any place that offers pre orders that you will get this. Only reason i make this assumption is because on the ps store when i downloaded the show trailer, it makes mention of this offer if you pre order the game under the description and it doesnt mention a specific retailor.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:46 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3
can someone explain to me how a 2 pitch flyout is 4x better than a single?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2011, 07:52 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 11 The Show Blog: Road to The Show Returns With New Player Performance Evalua

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerMagicX
can someone explain to me how a 2 pitch flyout is 4x better than a single?
Depending where you hit the single a 2 pitch flyout can be better. Think of it this way.

Man on 2nd base with 0-1 outs and your job is to obviously move him over to 3rd base or home if possible. You want to hit it to the rightside of the field. Preferably a flyball so that 2nd base can tag up or have the ability for the RF to drop the ball, if you get a single to anywhere but RF he is restricted to one base.

Thus a flyball out to RF is more beneficial (if its far enough) than a single to anywhere on the field.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:08 PM   #13
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalbias
Depending where you hit the single a 2 pitch flyout can be better. Think of it this way.

Man on 2nd base with 0-1 outs and your job is to obviously move him over to 3rd base or home if possible. You want to hit it to the rightside of the field. Preferably a flyball so that 2nd base can tag up or have the ability for the RF to drop the ball, if you get a single to anywhere but RF he is restricted to one base.

Thus a flyball out to RF is more beneficial (if its far enough) than a single to anywhere on the field.
Unless I am not comprehending well, which is certainly possible, this scenario doesn't make sense. A fly out to right field can only advance a player one base if there aren't already 2 outs. A single to left field still advances the guy but there isn't an additional out. And a single to right could potential get the guy home if he is fast enough and has a good lead....plus there is still one less out than a fly ball out.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:15 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain
Unless I am not comprehending well, which is certainly possible, this scenario doesn't make sense. A fly out to right field can only advance a player one base if there aren't already 2 outs. A single to left field still advances the guy but there isn't an additional out. And a single to right could potential get the guy home if he is fast enough and has a good lead....plus there is still one less out than a fly ball out.
You want to hit a FLYBALL, not a single in that situation. I do however think a single is okay. During a REAL GAME you want to hit it to the right side of the field.

Here is the scale on best possible scenarios.
1. Single or better to RF (no out recorded)
2. Flyball to RF (resulting in out or possible error)
3. Single or better anywhere else (no out recorded)
Old 02-25-2011, 08:18 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

I agree a 1 pitch single being worse than a 2 pitch out may sound like a problem but its hard to say without seeing the actual play.

If the 1 pitch single (Weak Hit) was a little dribbler up the third base line on a ball 2 feet out of the strike zone, and the 2 pitch flyout was crushed to the warning track on a pitch down the middle. Well then I'd say, yes the flyout was a better at bat.

The RTTS this year is going to be less results driven then ever before, and thats good... because there is a lot of luck in baseball. But putting yourself in the position to be most successful is what should be rewarded.

Last edited by Raskal; 02-25-2011 at 08:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2011, 08:21 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskal
I agree a 1 pitch single being worse than a 2 pitch our may sound like a problem but its hard to say without seeing the actual play.

If the 1 pitch single (Weak Hit) was a little dribbler up the third base line on a ball 2 feet out of the strike zone, and the 2 pitch flyout was crushed to the warning track on a pitch down the middle. Well then I'd say, yes the flyout was a better at bat.

The RTTS this year is going to be less results driven then ever before, and thats good... because there is a lot of luck in baseball, but putting yourself in the position to be most successful is what should be rewarded.
EXACTLY!!! I assumed he meant a single to the outfield and you need to teach people that in certain situations, such as man on 2nd base you want to hit ot the Right side of the field...

It was just a little hard making sense of it all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »