Home

Madden NFL 12 Interview: Donny Moore - Scouting Talent

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Interview: Donny Moore - Scouting Talent within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2011, 05:54 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 12 Interview: Donny Moore - Scouting Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
They should re-do the ratings system ala AP2K8. Mark Ingram is actually an Emmitt Smith type and his speed is pretty deceptive. The way that is incorporated into the game should be shown as such. Some RBs like Mendenhal don't run fast from the start like CJ2K, but rather get a head of steam going and turn on the burners....either way it should be interesting to see what they come up with.
Mendenhall's acceleration in M11 is absolutely ridiculous!! You're right, he is quicker than he is fast. He should be 90 speed, 93 acc, instead of 90 speed and 88 acc. He actually had 86 acc during most of the season, which was worse than Moore.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:37 PM   #10
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Outside of rookies having ridiculously low awareness that never improves, the ratings in Madden are pretty well done.

The problem in Madden is that there are too many rating categories (40+) when only 5 or 6 of them really matter.

i agree they should only have certain ratings for certain players qb's dont need ol blocking etc same goes for other players.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:08 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
When I saw that pic I thought the interview was going to be about M12 adding scouting combine.
I don't know what you were thinking ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2011, 03:57 AM   #12
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

"To quickly walk through the process: I値l take a guy like Mark Ingram or Blaine Gabbert and I値l find what everyone perceives is his best NFL comparison. Just to throw an example out there let's say Mark Ingram痴 baseline equivalent is Ricky Williams. I値l take Ricky Williams and utilize him as a template. I値l know right away that the Mark Ingram player I知 creating is in a similar mold as a Ricky Williams. From there, obviously, I知 tweaking each individual rating to how Ingram plays. It痴 just a starting point to give me a template for a player and how he plays."

This right here is why the ratings system presented by the folks at EA is broken. They are using templates that may or may not correlate to new players in draft classes. Why not just make a player like Mark Ingram a MARK INGRAM instead of a modified Ricky Williams. Was DJ Shockley based off of Michael Vick because he was a scrambling QB with size? Of course not! What they need to be doing is making these players total individuals who are independent from one another. If I can do it in my spare time for my site, then I would think that some guys who are professionally paid to do this could do it as well. Sheesh...
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 02-26-2011, 04:35 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
When I saw that pic I thought the interview was going to be about M12 adding scouting combine.
lol so did I. Wishful thinking I guess.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:45 AM   #14
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by raguel
lol so did I. Wishful thinking I guess.
Maybe we're all to optimistic . Still, as someone who never really used scouting in Madden for years, the system needs a revamp. The only problem would be with the large draft classes in Madden, not many would want to sit through each players workout. If you got a summary of each position, like 40 times, Throwing drills, etc.

Then that would be kind of cool to use for the draft. Like DCEBB2001 mentioned above, you have no real connection to these drafted players, they have no personality. Maybe have an Extra Point like bit talking about who impressed at the Combine. I have to reel in my imagination when it comes to Madden

Last edited by LambertandHam; 02-26-2011 at 07:48 AM.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:06 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
"To quickly walk through the process: I’ll take a guy like Mark Ingram or Blaine Gabbert and I’ll find what everyone perceives is his best NFL comparison. Just to throw an example out there let's say Mark Ingram’s baseline equivalent is Ricky Williams. I’ll take Ricky Williams and utilize him as a template. I’ll know right away that the Mark Ingram player I’m creating is in a similar mold as a Ricky Williams. From there, obviously, I’m tweaking each individual rating to how Ingram plays. It’s just a starting point to give me a template for a player and how he plays."

This right here is why the ratings system presented by the folks at EA is broken. They are using templates that may or may not correlate to new players in draft classes. Why not just make a player like Mark Ingram a MARK INGRAM instead of a modified Ricky Williams. Was DJ Shockley based off of Michael Vick because he was a scrambling QB with size? Of course not! What they need to be doing is making these players total individuals who are independent from one another. If I can do it in my spare time for my site, then I would think that some guys who are professionally paid to do this could do it as well. Sheesh...
Good post bro. Every player has their own style. I sure don't want a player like Polamalu getting a template from whoever, because there is no one that plays quite like him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2011, 10:09 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Madden needs Tendencies. Almost every sports game has a type of tendencies. Ratings only take you so far. It is the only thing that differenciates players. I understand starting people off with similar player's template. But if that is the only thing that makes play different, then tendencies are needed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »